Sign in to follow this  
E36MSport

E36 coupe seat options

So just got a 328 coupe and wanting to ditch the rough factory cloth sport seats for the leather version, either sport or standard. Problem seems to be that the only leather interiors that I can find are all from sedans so don't have the proper rear seats or the fold away fronts to access the rear. Anyone know of possible aftermarket seats that fold away, leather not a requirement? Or, are there any ways to modify the sedan front seats to fold forward? The interior of the car is mint aside from the seats so considering all options.

So just got a 328 coupe and wanting to ditch the rough factory cloth sport seats for the leather version, either sport or standard. Problem seems to be that the only leather interiors that I can find are all from sedans so don't have the proper rear seats or the fold away fronts to access the rear. Anyone know of possible aftermarket seats that fold away, leather not a requirement? Or, are there any ways to modify the sedan front seats to fold forward? The interior of the car is mint aside from the seats so considering all options.

You can't modify the sedan seats to fold forward (or rather it's possible but nowhere near practical). Any aftermarket seat can be fitted with the correct brackets but that will get pricey. I've just got some Recaro SR3's that fold forward to adapt but it's not a straight swap - and you should get a cert if you change the seat brackets.

I recently picked up a half leather rear coupe seat on TM (from a member here actually) for $12.50 so they do come up. And as for the fronts, have you checked HellBM (Ray) or BM World (Brent)? Both are sponsors here and I'd be quite surprised if between them they didn't have coupe seats for sale.

Did you post a WTB thread?

• Like 1

You can't modify the sedan seats to fold forward (or rather it's possible but nowhere near practical). Any aftermarket seat can be fitted with the correct brackets but that will get pricey. I've just got some Recaro SR3's that fold forward to adapt but it's not a straight swap - and you should get a cert if you change the seat brackets.

I recently picked up a half leather rear coupe seat on TM (from a member here actually) for $12.50 so they do come up. And as for the fronts, have you checked HellBM (Ray) or BM World (Brent)? Both are sponsors here and I'd be quite surprised if between them they didn't have coupe seats for sale.

Did you post a WTB thread?

Cheers M3AN. I have put up a WTB and only just started my search. Will chase them down and see what they can do.

I would prefer factory so that may be a win. Even if I have to just change the rear seat colour to match the fronts that would be acceptable.

Edited by E36MSport

Yep I just picked up leather front and year sport seats for my coupe. Will be restoring them myself shortly.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi Sean

Have been told that e46 front seats will fit an e36 just a bit of filing required on the rear mounting holes might give one a large chance of finding something. Also have mixed and matched a pair of sedan m sport front seats with a compact and ended up with http://bimmersport.c.../51091-tim-325/ .

probably can use E36 compact in stead of coupe ones?

one thing to think about as well is if you want electric or manual, as the wiring for them and the airbag sensor is all a bit different. stick with what you have in the car currently e.g. if you have electric now buy electric sports etc.