Sign in to follow this  
needsprings

e36 323i to 328i exhaust, no O2 sensor post cat

Hey all, first post. I have a e36 323i with a stock exhaust. I also have an exhaust off of a 328i, which I wanna wack on there. The problem is that the 328i has no location for a 02 sensor post the cat, where as the stock 323i does.

From my brief researching, the post cat sensor is used to check if the cat is doing it's job and is not used in terms of controlling fuel mixture. From looking at other posts, everybody else has seemed to of used a 328i exhaust with post cat sensors.

I am just posting here to get a confirmation my understanding is correct. And what would be the best way to deal with the extra O2 sensor once the new exhaust is on. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. Would I get it welded where the two sections kind of cross cross each other? Also what would be the effects of just not running the sensor all together?

Bit of a late reply but if you are still interested... the post cat "o2 sensors" on my 328i were just temp sensors, not o2 sensors and as you mentioned they do not control fuel mix during closed loop operation.

I've removed mine with an aftermarket exhaust and just shorted / wired together both sensors & don't have any issues or lights on dash.