Sign in to follow this  
BarryJ

Change Jap Import radio to NZ

Hi, I have just purchased a 2005 545i M sport E60

I have tried what has been mentioned about holding down the idrive button for 8 secs, but the knob will only turn 2 clicks right not 3 as mentioned it could

Is there another way to enter the setup?

Also can anyone offer a good place to get the navigation box changed to NZ?

Thanks

Edited by BarryJ

I had mine done a few months ago at Auto Gravity and they were great and helpful also. Nav and radio converted was $700, I think you can just get the radio done for $250 - $300?

Does the Auto gravity kit allow for Bluetooth streaming of the likes of spotify through a phone?

Probably not as bluetooth streaming didn't exist in 2005. Later technology is required, can be done but at a price.

Talk to Joe @ Eurosurgeon in Penrose Auckland

+1 on this

I think it is like $150 and Joe can do it in about 15min. No hardware changes etc - just recoding and all sorted.

Getting nav sorted does involve extra hardware (gyros etc) but it does work a treat. I had Eurosurgeon do my radio and nav for $748 (they come to Welly regularly) late last year, but after having the CCC die on me and getting it replaced by Autosure i have not wanted to chance a repeat (CCCs cost heaps). So I've left the nav in Japanese and only had the radio recoded :( Bit of a waste of $$ from the nav but I don't want to risk another CCC failure and have an argument with Autosure who honestly have been fantastic to deal with.

I don't think Eurosurgeon's mods caused the CCC failure - it looks like whatever numpty (PO/car yard) put a band expander(why!?) in the car did some substandard wiring and also unplugged the cooling fan - over time (and the summer) it cooked.

Bluetooth etc costs buckets so personally I think radio is good. Eurosurgeon can sort an Aux jack easy enough ...

Edited by TermiPeteNZ

Menu wont change radio, you need a coding cable, easy job ive got one live in Tauranga PM me, Nav is more complicated.

• Like 1