Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Style 15 7.5x16

Does anyone know what these weigh?

Could even be a possible call to see if anyone has a set available. At some point. Maybe.

nope. they are aparrently very rare, so if you see a set, buy them. then weigh them, and tell the world.

They're a factory-fit on the E38, but maybe most people decided to go with something else?

They're a factory-fit on the E38, but maybe most people decided to go with something else?

Yes, when you look at style 15s compared to 5s or 32s.

looking at the images, the style 15's they're the beluga caviar to my perrier jouet le belle epoque. style 32's are simply Moet NV with some average fois gras, in comparison.

Fois Gras and Moet is certainly nice, but beluga and vintage limited release champagne, is something else indeed.

Graham, I expect you to have acquired these style 15's before next week begins, in case they vanish! Do it for humanity.... do it, for the whales and the geese!

• Like 2

looking at the images, the style 15's they're the beluga caviar to my perrier jouet le belle epoque. style 32's are simply Moet NV with some average fois gras, in comparison.

Fois Gras and Moet is certainly nice, but beluga and vintage limited release champagne, is something else indeed.

Graham, I expect you to have acquired these style 15's before next week begins, in case they vanish! Do it for humanity.... do it, for the whales and the geese!

I need to come and eat at your house!

The reason I was asking is because I've seen an E30 wearing them, and it looked very nice indeed. Leaving aside (for the moment) all the fun of a 5-stud swap, I wondered if the 7-series rims might be a little heavy for an E30.

I need to come and eat at your house!

The reason I was asking is because I've seen an E30 wearing them, and it looked very nice indeed. Leaving aside (for the moment) all the fun of a 5-stud swap, I wondered if the 7-series rims might be a little heavy for an E30.

Not if they're forged ;) (like style 4s)

I do see what you mean about the wheels though, they don't really suit an e38 (IMO), but look retro so I an see the appeal on an e30 or even an e28

Edited by eliongater

post-51211-0-84272400-1460974151.jpg

This is the pic I saw... I like the look. Nicely understated.

• Like 2

f952e3e8-4445-4e87-8986-5a49d81307ab.jpg

paAu1X61qZKQ.jpg

DSC09509.jpg

• Like 1

I have a set off my e38 sitting at home. They still have big, e38 sized balloons on them too which won't help but I'll grab one out and weigh it at work tomorrow

Edited by NVADER
  • Like 1

I have a set off my e38 sitting at home. They still have big, e38 sized balloons on them too which won't help but I'll grab one out and weigh it at work tomorrow

Ta.

w00t!

9.2kg. According to our (obviously inaccurate) bathroom scales.

I can't weigh as much as they suggest I do! ;)

as Kenny Everett used to say.... "top tip. If you want bathroom scales, why not scrape a fish into your sink".

So you secured them, Graham?

as Kenny Everett used to say.... "top tip. If you want bathroom scales, why not scrape a fish into your sink".

So you secured them, Graham?

I had assistance, but yes - they're here, now. :)

• Like 1