Sign in to follow this  
Cab

E36 M3 Project

Wing finally complete and left California today.

Gotta love $200 gifts ;)

post-17836-0-50107300-1461381429.png

• Like 1

until it goes missing or damaged and insurance only pays out $200..

• Like 1

I'm a risk taker

• Like 2

... or customs looks at the declaration, finds your invoice in the box, and says "hmmm, dodgy, we'll have that thanks very much".

regardless, good luck with your shipment.

Three days from Cali. Not bad at all

post-17836-0-50026100-1461629699_thumb.j

Edited by Cab
  • Like 1

gotta be happy with that!

Pieced together last night and fitted in the dark. Took some photos this morning. The light in my carport isn't the best so excuse the upping of brightness on the photos.

Wonder what feedback i'll get from you guys..... Lol. Personally I think its the kitties titties

post-17836-0-35188900-1461705363_thumb.j

post-17836-0-53583300-1461705374_thumb.j

Looks dope, can you not mod the bumper to fit back on? Looks dumb without it imo, car is rad though man well done.

Looks dope, can you not mod the bumper to fit back on? Looks dumb without it imo, car is rad though man well done.

Yep easy enough to mod the bumper, just two slits down each side where the upper arms go. Cheers man

Looks dope, time attack mode: activated!

Oh that looks ridiculously good. I'd say with bumper reinstated (maybe get a second one to hack into) it'll look perfect. Goes with the square lines of the e36 quite well.

LOL :beer:

post-3785-0-24767600-1461750849.jpg

Carry on the good work.....

• Like 4

I liked it better before, without the spastic wing

#unpopularopinion

• Like 1

I don't mind, all comments welcome haha. I wasn't expecting it to be everyone's thing.

As for the rear bumper, I won't be fitting that over the top. I'll make up some thin black sheets and rivet them on which will smoothen it out. I guess you could say like aluminium door cards etc but for the bumper.

Just needs some kanards for that front aero, big rear diffuser and boost

• Like 1

I don't mind, all comments welcome haha. I wasn't expecting it to be everyone's thing.

As for the rear bumper, I won't be fitting that over the top. I'll make up some thin black sheets and rivet them on which will smoothen it out. I guess you could say like aluminium door cards etc but for the bumper.

What, no diffuser?

It looks half assed, in the most literal sense, if the bumper is left as exposed chassis, or just a bodged plate. Especially considering that mad $1700 wing (which could use some better fasteners imo, what are they atm ZP plebbery?)

Also, can we get some better photos? Side profile etc, I'm still on the fence if it is mint, or spastic; could be both though.

Edited by tawatech

I love it .. looks seriously agressive and you have already done the lowering etc to support the look.

I actually think you have a go at making your own bumper setup with rear diffuser. Leave the rear bumper stock and get some glass one made up (Dutchy can do this if you have a the part to copy (which you do) )

That way you can do a diffuser into the back.

EG this direction

RUICS_0601.jpg

• Like 3

What, no diffuser?

It looks half assed, in the most literal sense, if the bumper is left as exposed chassis, or just a bodged plate. Especially considering that mad $1700 wing (which could use some better fasteners imo, what are they atm ZP plebbery?)

Also, can we get some better photos? Side profile etc, I'm still on the fence if it is mint, or spastic; could be both though.

You can still rock a diffuser without a bumper, see below, which will be happening when I find one i like.

DO REMEMBER GUYS, THIS IS A PROJECT THREAD. THIS IS NOT A FINISHED RESULT!

I'll do some photos this weekend, its dark by the time I get home during the week.

post-17836-0-76338000-1461815202.jpg

I love it .. looks seriously agressive and you have already done the lowering etc to support the look.

I actually think you have a go at making your own bumper setup with rear diffuser. Leave the rear bumper stock and get some glass one made up (Dutchy can do this if you have a the part to copy (which you do) )

That way you can do a diffuser into the back.

EG this direction

RUICS_0601.jpg

Yeah that's pretty aggressive mate! I'm still brainstorming where to go from here, but fairly certain I'll be doing something different than just cutting up the stock bumper and putting it back on over the top. Best to keep it as a back up later down the line. So yeah, getting something custom drawn up is the best bet.

I need to redo the exhaust too, stock muffler doesnt look the part anymore.

Edited by Cab

Chill homie, just some suggestions.

Would make sense to start with the exhaust, as the rest will need to fit around that...

Or make a kick ass rear bumper plate and diffuser then build a exhausy around that..

Looks aside I think it's essential that you have a rear bumper or diffuser, as it is the air will be hella dirty around there which will undermine or even upset your new wing. A diffuser will shift your balance even further back so, unless you run an aggressive front splitter, a rear bumper of some sort would be the better choice.

• Like 3

I like the threaded bar in zinc, too long with nuts... just in case you were wondering if it was an expensive aftermarket part, it;s actually a really awesome lashed-up-in-the-shed part.

I'm not seeing the attraction myself, but hey, if you like it I'm very happy for ya! #8 )

I reckon you're gonna be pushing sh*t uphill with the pointed end of a stick to get that past the authorities.

• Like 2

Chill homie, just some suggestions.

Would make sense to start with the exhaust, as the rest will need to fit around that...

Lol sorry the capitals wasn't me yelling it was just to stand out from the other part

I reckon you're gonna be pushing sh*t uphill with the pointed end of a stick to get that past the authorities.

Yeah I'm on the fence about it eh.. I've checked with LVVTA and there is no rule about how big the wing has to be as long as it is no wider than the widest part of the car being the side mirrors - which it is just more narrow than. So size-wise its fine.

In regards to protruding objects etc, you could say the same thing about your average 3x bike holding bike rack etc.. And mines mounted to the chassis so no risk of falling off. I'll see what happens when I go for cert.

post-17836-0-05686800-1461883487.jpg

post-17836-0-29553300-1461883519_thumb.j

post-17836-0-50982200-1461887352.jpg

Edited by Cab
  • Like 2