Sign in to follow this  
thorns

Tune2air

Is Tune2air still the simplest and cheapest option for getting a Bluetooth connection to work in an E60?

All I want it for is to play spotify through the car stereo, dont particularly care for calling features (although bonus if it does this also)

Are there any other even simpler/cheaper options for playing spotify through my iPhone to the car stereo?

Cheaper options are the Bluetooth Aux adaptors. I use the Himbox one, it's well rated, and works great for calls too.

But I believe Tune2Air works with steering wheel controls, unlike anything using aux input, so it's probably worth it.

Cheaper options are the Bluetooth Aux adaptors. I use the Himbox one, it's well rated, and works great for calls too.

But I believe Tune2Air works with steering wheel controls, unlike anything using aux input, so it's probably worth it.

Thanks, will look into that as well.

Did you just buy of ebay/amazon? Cant find them online in NZ.

Thanks, will look into that as well.

Did you just buy of ebay/amazon? Cant find them online in NZ.

Yup, all the best stuff is overseas, bought heaps of car (and non-car) stuff off Ebay and Amazon....

Here's what I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Forbes-recommend-iClever-Bluetooth-Hands-Free/dp/B00GJFGE0K/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1460972939&sr=1-1&keywords=Himbox

They now have an upgraded version:

http://www.amazon.com/iClever-HB01-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Multi-Point/dp/B011NR0BY8/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1460972939&sr=1-2&keywords=Himbox

I stick it by the iDrive Controller so it's easy enough to reach.

Edit: for some reason the upgraded one doesn't ship to NZ even though it's the same seller, might be a mistake.

Edited by Matth5