Sign in to follow this  
thorns

Tint % Reccomendations

How dark does everyone recommend going on tints?

The car it will be going on is a E60 550i in Alpine white.

Would 35% end up looking a bit too dark on this with the contrast?

Not after a full blacked out look as this is a family car, so am I better going 50%? Any suggestions?

check out my thread in the projects section. shows my car with fresh 35% tints. not too dark even though my car is black.

35% is max for the fronts anyway and I don't think mis-matching tints looks good at all. 35% isn't even very dark IMHO.

35%

Washed001.jpg

Thanks for the above examples, yeah 35% looks to be the plan. For some reason I imagined it being a lot darker.

That darkness should offset the white nicely!

Also, anyone able to recommend someone in Christchurch to do the job?

titnts should never prevent another motorist looking through your car to see oncoming traffic.A lot of people dont think of this i beleive.

I believe if you are part of Euro Nation New Zealand on facebook they get a 10 - 20% discount at FM7 Window Tinting in CHCH, might be worth having a look. Few classes available but not quite sure haven't done it myself. Not sure how it works, maybe just mention the group or something.

Hope this works, should help everyone with the tinting laws :).

Diagram key

vehicleconversiondiagram.gifVisible Light Transmittance (VLT)

• Glazing marked a is required to have an overall VLT of no less than 70%. Overlays are not permitted
  • Glazing marked b is permitted to have overlays applied providing the overall VLT is not reduced below 35%
  • Glazing marked c is permitted to have overlays of any level of tint, including advertising overlays

Note:

• The overall VLT of the glazing is important, not the colour
  • Class MA vehicles are not permitted to have glazing with an overall VLT of less than 35%. If there is glazing with an overlay behind the driver's seat, there must be an external rear view mirror fitted on each side of the vehicle
  • or vehicles of classes other than MA, but including stretched limousines and body transfer vehicles, any glazing to the rear of the driver's seat may have a VLT of any level providing the vehicle has an external rear view mirror fitted