Sign in to follow this  
lidu278

Window issue e30

Hey guys,

My Windows on my 1986 325i e30 have stopped working, have changed fuses still no go. Anyone got any suggestions on fixing this?

Thanks

Have you accidentally pushed the circuit breaker on the dash that disables all windows / sunroof? Looks like the second button from left in this photo.

m3_fan_switch_installed-400.jpg

• Like 1

No one is going to be able to tell you. Get yourself a multimeter and do some troubleshooting.

Do the switches have lights on? Indication there is power to the switches? Power at the fuse? Power at the motors?

• Like 2

Have a look for the big plug inside the drivers door frame. When you open the door you see a fairly large flexible rubber tube. Peel back the rubber on the door frame, not the door. There should be a big multi pin plug there. Spray the plug with CRC or similar, leave for sometime then gently pull the plug apart. Clean all pins with CRC  and reassemble. This may work it did for me, water must get into the plug. Not sure if it affected the sunroof on mine, but suspect it did as the windows and sunroof are linked together.