Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

The Workhorse

Picked up this '09 X5 35d (210kw/600nm) last week in addition to the M3 as something more economical, spacious, and with tow capability.

Really happy with the Alpine White with black leather interior, Motorsport trim, NZ New and with a full dealer service history. It also just had the brakes done and came with a spare set of rotors and pads that the previous owner imported.

Getting about 800-900km to a tank which is a nice change after dailying an M3 for almost 3 years and I've already had it tinted by Car Folie of course and as usual very happy with their work!

There are a few things I'd like to do still:

-Gloss black kidney grilles

-LED licence plate bulbs

-Performance Pack aero kit

-Tune

-CIC iDrive upgrade or CCC SSD upgrade

-Possibly black out side window trims

-Gloss black roof spoiler wrap (toying with the idea)

021de649f0222e58dcdc828772d592c6.jpg

74518002be1fa3f655a80328529ba28b.jpg

Edited by Tristan
  • Like 2

^^ irony detector failure. See BMW dealer for re-programming. :D

• Like 6

Didn't want to spoil the BMW streak :) almost went for an Amarok but decided against it in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been watching the x5 market myself and looking for something similar. Very nice in white.

Check out some of the ntb conversion / retrofit options rather than the older cic / ccc conversions. Looking like the conversions are straight forward

Thanks Neal.

Yes I snapped this one up on the day it was listed!

Great trucks and have put on over 100k with trouble free motoring.

Great score on the pad and rotors. This just cost me 1400 to replace. Last set lasted 50000ks

How many kms per tank do you get in the e92?

Seems counter-intuitive a giant truck gets such good millage, that's diesel I guess.

Guess a baby will follow soon :P

• Like 1

yeh na

M3 can get anywhere from 300-500km to a $120~ tank

Yeah that's diesel for sure. Tune takes it to 240-250kw and 700+nm!

• Like 2

Oh was this your new car you brought to OCD last week? I thought it must have been a loan car for some reason!

Keen to see results from a tune, 210kw and 600nm is impressive from factory. So is the plan to have this as a daily driver?

Haha yep Christian. This is being dailied now and unsure of what to do with the M3. Nice to have both so at this stage the M3 is staying. Still need to have the coilovers installed.

Yeah the power is phenomenal for such a big car. The M50d and X5M must be crazy

• Like 1

"Workhorse"

Lives in city hahaha!

Can vouch for the condition of this car, mint. And going to tow the horses perfectly (Harhar)

• Like 2

Day to day driving typically returns 10.5-11.5l/100km.

Took it for its first long drive with 1250kg 3 horse float on the back down to Tauranga to pick up a new addition (1hp and huge running costs).

With an additional ~500kg on the way back totalling up about 1750kg returned an impressive 13.4l/100km which I'm very pleased with!

In addition to this, plenty of power on tap. Never struggled at all, in fact (with legal driving) many cars weren't even bothering to use the passing lane, even up hills.

Will be a stunner with a tune!

wouldn't call 11-13L/100km anything that flash for a diesel. would be good if a petrol V8.

My van can pull the same weight (my race car, or 2-3 tonnes + of computer equipment). and has never got into the 9s let alone double figures. and sits at 90-110 no problems even up hills. admittedly not the same power or style but do you need that in a work horse?

Amarok would have done better than the X5 but the VW lump has been superseded now.

but other wise yep do like the look of these new X5s especially in white.

the older ones were a but yuk looking and still horrendously priced to by even now they are 10-15 years old.

wouldn't call 11-13L/100km anything that flash for a diesel. would be good if a petrol V8.

My van can pull the same weight (my race car, or 2-3 tonnes + of computer equipment). and has never got into the 9s let alone double figures. and sits at 90-110 no problems even up hills. admittedly not the same power or style but do you need that in a work horse?

Amarok would have done better than the X5 but the VW lump has been superseded now.

but other wise yep do like the look of these new X5s especially in white.

the older ones were a but yuk looking and still horrendously priced to by even now they are 10-15 years old.

I think you'd really be pushing it to get numbers like that in a petrol X5. I almost bought an Amarok but decided on the X5 in the end, and yes, I definitely wanted the power :)

I'd be happy with that. My rangie gets 22 towing a 990kg float and 2 beasts on board. I would happily do 13 in a diesel!

Oh and beautiful car too, much jealousy.

Edited by huff3r
  • Like 1