Sign in to follow this  
markoneswift

E46 318ti - ABS module options ?

Hey all,

It looks as though the ABS module on my sons 318ti may be toast - it's been scanned with a 5df5 control module internal failure. Are there any options to have it repaired / exchanged etc that are more economical than the $450 I've been quoted for a replacement ? I'm going to try cleaning the wheel sensors first, but I'm not too hopeful....

Thanks

Maybe try SDEuro at Horotiu. They were good enough to let me try another module one day when I was trying to work out my ABS issues.

In the end aftr replacing both rear sensors and eliminating the module I ended up letting them sort it - I think they just ended up cleaning up some harnesses and it was all good.

• Like 1

Hey thanks mate, I've passed that place a few times and saw they had plenty of beemers piled up :-) I'll give them a call, thanks for the tip.

buy another module off ebay UK and have it coded to the car - think I paid about $80 delivered for the module and same again to have it coded.

On 4/29/2016 at 5:01 PM, andrewm said:

buy another module off ebay UK and have it coded to the car - think I paid about $80 delivered for the module and same again to have it coded.

I know its few years but do you know if the part number has to be an exact match? all units that I can find on eBay, have a different part number to mine (the last two digits are different)

thanks

I believe so, i bought one from a wrecker and it wouldnt read at all when i installed it. Cant remember specifics only thinking it was close enough, should work... but it didnt. 

Can you provide part number then we can have a look, check real oem etc. 

Thanks for the response Andrew 

Mine is Ate units with part number 6759073 and 6759075 

You try ebay.co.uk?

Those numbers come back as the pump unit rather than just module? 

My E46 318i issue was a centre console module not a pump unit. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-BMW-3-Series-E46-Abs-Pump-6759073-6759075/153198408699?hash=item23ab5633fb:g:2lYAAOSwuGZbrjk-

Edited by andrewm