Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Next Batch of Government 7s up for Tender

What price do they fetch at action, anyone follow the last auction? Wonder if the bad press with diesel VWs might have an impact on interest.

Nice to see our tax money spent ever so wisely.... ( sarcasm )..

Nice to see our tax money spent ever so wisely.... ( sarcasm )..

before you post stupid comments you should really research what you are complaining about.

• Like 3

If anyone is seriously looking to get one... Go for the ones with the two flagpole holders on the front!

• Like 2

before you post stupid comments you should really research what you are complaining about.

I wouldn't be as rude as you to call my comment "stupid"...incase you cannot read...it is to be taken as a sarcastic joke, not a complaint? And why would i research the obvious? No wisdom dude? Cheer up mate!

These would all have be worth less than usual knowing our sleazy politicians have been picking their noses in these and filling them with dandruff.

Ugh

• Like 1

I wouldn't be as rude as you to call my comment "stupid"...incase you cannot read...it is to be taken as a sarcastic joke, not a complaint? And why would i research the obvious? No wisdom dude? Cheer up mate!

The obvious? It isn't so obvious. He is telling you to research it because they cost the govt far less than you think, and they will recoup a lot of their costs with the sale. The deal the govt made makes a Corolla look like a more expensive option.

Therefore your comment was pretty stupid, because it was indeed a very wise spending of our tax money (no sarcasm!).

Edited by huff3r
  • Like 2

The obvious? It isn't so obvious. He is telling you to research it because they cost the govt far less than you think, and they will recoup a lot of their costs with the sale. The deal the govt made makes a Corolla look like a more expensive option.

Therefore your comment was pretty stupid, because it was indeed a very wise spending of our tax money (no sarcasm!).

Thanks for the input. As stated, ( Sarcasm ) we're allowed to have a sense of humour, quite unfortunate that you both are rude individuals, over a humourous jokes, but i guess that comes down to poor character. Have a good weekend chap!

I have to agree, I have heard from Jeff Gray that the Govt got a stellar price on them and as they are a work tool they get depreciated just like a sales reps Mondeo. Plus being a diesel they were probably a lot more economical than something like a petrol Statesman. Anyway I have had a good look at a few at Turners in Wellington and the ones I saw were immaculate. Curious to know what they were going for.

• Like 1

Depreciation on 7 series is atrocious. I would love to see some numbers backing up claims this was a good deal.

I doubt we will ever see those numbers but the rumour I heard is that the Govt paid less than the dealerships paid for them.

Well that still doesnt mean it was a good deal. They retail at over $200k. Its a bit rich for people to be calling out stupid if they are basing their opinion on a rumour.

Probably listed as 'tender' because Turners aren't allowed to say what the original purchase price was. A question though... Did Turners buy these ex-government and resell them, or did they sell on behalf? Probably the latter, I'd guess. (What happened to government auctions?)

It would be interesting to see what they sold for, but it's likely most will have gone to dealers.

Thanks for the input. As stated, ( Sarcasm ) we're allowed to have a sense of humour, quite unfortunate that you both are rude individuals, over a humourous jokes, but i guess that comes down to poor character. Have a good weekend chap!

I said your comment was stupid, not yourself. Misinformation is common, and I don't blame you for being misinformed.

Calling me rude and pulling my character into question, when you know absolutely nothing about me is a bit of an overreaction, and only a little bit hypocritical. I genuinely have no issue with you, I was simply expressing that as Andy said, your comment is rather baseless and the implied sarcasm actually made it worse.

Whoever buys one of these 7 series will no doubt be getting a very good deal, all the while helping the government to recoup a large proportion of their costs.

I said your comment was stupid, not yourself. Misinformation is common, and I don't blame you for being misinformed.

Calling me rude and pulling my character into question, when you know absolutely nothing about me is a bit of an overreaction, and only a little bit hypocritical. I genuinely have no issue with you, I was simply expressing that as Andy said, your comment is rather baseless and the implied sarcasm actually made it worse.

Whoever buys one of these 7 series will no doubt be getting a very good deal, all the while helping the government to recoup a large proportion of their costs.

Hahah, it was supposed to be a joke, which i still find funny, however, i didn't intend to offend. If my wording was too harsh, well i say we can agree that...we ( including myself ) can choose wording carefully when addressing matters. Besides that, i do apologise for any offense to you sir, have a great weekend.

Discussion of politicians' vehicles is always going to be a source of humour, derision or taxpayer annoyance :)

They are premium luxury vehicles with a short life in service that look like conspicuous consumption - just like the huge numbers of $1000 iPhones and iPad being used by public servants. There may be an interesting or surprising business case that actually makes good sense - but there's still the smell of 'bling' :D

Peter (the other not me) is just voicing what many/most will think and I don't think his comment warrants others (inc. a mod) having a go at him. Let's keep it friendly dudes.

Anyway - do wonder who ends up buying these - Ls are huge and the flagpole attachments must be tempting to use!

Edited by TermiPeteNZ
  • Like 3

just what corporate cabs need now that fairmonts and statesmen are soon to be no more.

I suppose Peter thinks the Mercedes Ambulances are a waste of money too.

My understanding is the previous Labour government got an excellent deal on these, with the current National government renewing the contract twice so far.

Cars were bought new for nearly the price of what they sell for second hand after 3 years of use.

And there are no maintenance or repair costs as these are covered under BMW's warranty program and service program.

So essentially its a win/win/win, as the govt gets a nice fleet for cheap, BMW gets free advertising, and the taxpayer pays very little.

I suspect these cars will be a good buy for someone as they will be in tiptop shape.

• Like 2

I suppose Peter thinks the Mercedes Ambulances are a waste of money too.

Have a snickers bro. ;)

190g/km, 7.3l/100, and the vehicle met all of the tender requirements better than the other respondents.

IRD's standard depreciation is 30% per annum (diminishing value), I forget what the straight-line is. So assuming a purchase price of, oh, $120k? The book value is now $20,100 at end of march 2016, asuming (conveniently) that the asset was acquired 1 April 2011.

So as with any other business, one asumes they follow the IRD rules, and of course in tendering - for government entities - the Government Rules of Sourcing. One hopes they negotiated an exceptional deal based on their buying power (a large fleet purchase), and the cachet for the Vendor.

Perhaps I should get one, if they're going at $20k?

If you distill the emotion, this is really a straightforward business transaction where NZ Government has selected the best tool for the job. The asset has gone through its lifecycle, and is now being disposed. No sense in sweating the asset further.

Shame they can't get it right with helicopters. err, I'll get me coat then. :ph34r:

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 2

just what uber corporate cabs need now that fairmonts and statesmen corporate cabs and all cab co's are soon to be no more.

I fixed that for ya, Paul! #; )