Sign in to follow this  
thorns

E60 550i Increased battery discharge

I have this warning come up at the moment saying I have an increased battery discharge. Car still starts and runs perfectly normal.

From a google around the net, it seems if not using the car regularly and not for long trips (guilty of both at the moment), this can sometimes cause this issue. So I plan on chucking a charger on it once a week for a start at least to test out if this is the actual case, or if it is actually a dud battery perhaps.

Has anyone had this issue also? Could someone recommend me a charger that can is suitable for the battery style in these cars also, any particular amp rating etc, I'm kinda green when it comes to electrical items.

If the battery is older than 4 years or the original battery, replace it. You will also need to fit the correct battery and have it registered to the vehicles systems to work correctly. This can only be done with the correct scanner. These vehicles have high battery demands and charge loads.

I would also get the technician to do a full module scan on all systems first to check if there are any problems at the same time.

Edited by *Glenn*

The M5 was doing this a while back, had a new battery fitted ($600) it has done it once in the 2 weeks since. Never had an issue starting the car.

The M5 was doing this a while back, had a new battery fitted ($600) it has done it once in the 2 weeks since. Never had an issue starting the car.

So the new battery didn't really solve it then? just something you need to be aware of?

If the battery is older than 4 years or the original battery, replace it. You will also need to fit the correct battery and have it registered to the vehicles systems to work correctly. This can only be done with the correct scanner. These vehicles have high battery demands and charge loads.

I would also get the technician to do a full module scan on all systems first to check if there are any problems at the same time.

Chers, will check the battery tonight. guessing there is a label saying install date somewhere on the battery?