Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

What muffler for a S50B32, possibly adrenalinr?

Is there such thing as a generic muffler that sounds alright, doesn't drone violently and comes in a 2 in 2 out configuration with diameter of ~2.25"?

I have a standard S50b32 motor, headers and mid section, but I need to get the back section and since no one replied to my other WTB thread it looks like I will have to go new.

I have found a E39 M5 Supersprint (Left) muffler might be my best bet at ~$1100nzd shipped + fitting, but then I see generic mufflers for the $100-400 range and ask myself is it really worth it importing a brand muffler, surely there must be something local that will give a decent sound for much less money spent.

Has anyone tried anything from the adrenalinr muffler range?

I've used Chase for generic exhaust parts before.

That's about as useful as I can be.

• Like 2

^^^^ this .

Magna flow have a real good video on exhaust design on you tube.

But they also have been around for many years in the American market

I have an ADR-021 resonator where the mixer/x-pipe thingy used to be in mine.

I deleted the cats and went straight pipe to the original factory M3 muffler and there was a huge amount of rasp and it was very noisey.

The ADR-021 quitened it down a lot and made the overall exhaust note much deeper without ruining the original characteristic BMW sound.

I can't say how well their mufflers work as I have no experience with them but if they work as well as the resonator it might work ok. Keep in mind though, the factory BMW muffler does a very good job and is very difficult to replace without a big noise increase. I tried several options years ago and they all failed badly to get a good quiet sound without impacting on performance.

I do plan to add 2 more additional short resonators where the cats used to be to try to quiet down the last bit of rasp still present.

Not for an S50 as such, and not 2 in / 2 out but here is my AdrenalinR 2.5 single resonator and back muffler setup on my track M52 328i

Great sound and much lighter than the factory twin pipe setup. Wanted to go 3.0" but was already scraping on the ground on the driveway and not much room under there for a big single pipe.

As above it's for a track car rather than road but definitely not too loud. AdrenalinR are good products!

post-51540-0-33701100-1463562852_thumb.j

Edited by russellc2