Sign in to follow this  
toretoots

Could someone let me try their amp/radio module?

So my stereo is working intermittently on my 98 328 and Ive narrowed it down to either the oem non dps amp(pn 8368230 found on e46 with hifi 10 speaker system) or the c23 radio module. Is there someone who would let me try their working part? I would take it apart and put it back together. Will bring beers as a token of appreciation.

0274431602 call, text or pm if you can help me out. I really need some music in my life again...

I can look at repairing your unit, 9/10 chance its the capacitors.

What are your symptoms?

yes no problem

I can look at repairing your unit, 9/10 chance its the capacitors.

What are your symptoms?

There are days where it works for the first few hours and then starts cutting out either completely or just randomly some speakers wont work and eventually everything goes silent. Then there are days when I hear music for ten seconds in a tight corner. Could you help?

I've done a lot of Soarer stereo system with similar issues.

Capacitor related. Currently doing two reciever units for customers, as these are like the 'central hub' of the stereo that talks to the amp, control headunit and cd stacker, when they go bad over time volumes alter in channels going out of balance, sound quality and depth is lost.

If you wanted to catch up I could inspect your unit and let you know what I could do / costs. I'm just in central Auckland.

I've done a lot of Soarer stereo system with similar issues.

Capacitor related. Currently doing two reciever units for customers, as these are like the 'central hub' of the stereo that talks to the amp, control headunit and cd stacker, when they go bad over time volumes alter in channels going out of balance, sound quality and depth is lost.

If you wanted to catch up I could inspect your unit and let you know what I could do / costs. I'm just in central Auckland.

Michael, my e39 has a similar issue. Rear left speaker will play sometimes and not at other times and also my left front speaker will distort at a much lower volume compared to the right side at times.

It is not the head unit as that is brand new and not the speakers as I've been swapping them around and testing it. Do you want to check it out? What will your prices be like? Would like it fixed if it's not a hefty job.