Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Lowered E30 Ride Heights

I'm looking at lowering my daily with some cheap and nasty jamex super lows.

Does anyone have a photo of their 6 cyl e30 with them fitted?

Regardless post a photo of your lowered ride detailing what suspension is installed.

Would be of great use to me and I'm sure other people in the future too.

Found this in the historical archives!

Jamex super lows with shortened Monroe shocks, 60mm drop all round.

Sorry can't find a side on photo

random3011.jpg

Edited by _BRS_
  • Like 1

Yeah..I have Jamex superlows in my 316 and they're really not that low at all. This was mine with "superlows", 15's, tiny tires, e90 drop hats in the front and no lower spring pads in the back.

post-8671-0-26631800-1462841694.jpg

I now have 17x8.5's on the car with the same set up and still have zero tuck. Wouldn't really want to be much lower with these wheels though. In saying that, for cheap springs I've been impressed with the ride and handling. The guy that imports them is great to deal with as well.

Cheers for the posts guys. Bar Blairs ride with modded struts they don't look "super" low tbh still fairly high in the front.

Aim of my game is to absolutely slam the sh*t out of my stock as beast, think it will look dope as heezay with my og weaves chur.

Anyone know of some decently low springs? ps have a sumpguard dw.

• Like 1

Take spring pads out of the back, Makita one way adjustable springs in the front ;) If you're running a rim/tire combo that's close to factory rolling diameter they do look a lot lower.

Here is an old pic of mine on Jamex Super Lows:

2naspqa.jpg

From memory they were super soft, and the ole girl would squat like crazy with the 1JZ power.

Later they were replaced with King Spring Lows, which sat about the same height but were stiffer.

Also remember Pre-FL rear arches are higher (like mine) than FL (like _BRS_)

Edited by E30-323ti
  • Like 1

Take spring pads out of the back, Makita one way adjustable springs in the front ;) If you're running a rim/tire combo that's close to factory rolling diameter they do look a lot lower.

Yeah was considering one way adjusting some standard front springs as I have a few sets. You reckon I'd lose another 10mm with no spring pads?

Yeah i reckon mine dropped about that with just the lower pad taken out.

If you take both out and have superlows in there they won't be captive without shortened shocks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yours looks like it has 6cyl Super lows, the fronts way high for superlows. The spring pads are barely a few mm, even the E90 drop hats supposed 10-15mm difference in hat height still barely make a noticable drop (more than the rubbers would).

I had them in a coupe years ago, very very soft compared to most springs.

Yours looks like it has 6cyl Super lows, the fronts way high for superlows. The spring pads are barely a few mm, even the E90 drop hats supposed 10-15mm difference in hat height still barely make a noticable drop (more than the rubbers would).

I had them in a coupe years ago, very very soft compared to most springs.

Na they're 4cyl ones bought brand new. Just had rubber bands on those wheels. If it had been any lower the sump would have been on the ground.

Measured my spring pads last night; lowers are 8mm and uppers are 7. Was around a 10mm drop in the back when I took the lowers out and was a much more obvious drop then the e90 hats in the front made.

They are definitely softer than Kings but I guess it's a matter of taste. I personally think Kings are too hard and make the car feel like it's on cut springs. Jamex were indistinguishable from the factory ride for me.

I just put H & R sports in my 325i with standard shocks2a263e7d56e91d5a0e9a603c907cb20b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by adro
  • Like 2

I just put H & R sports in my 325i with standard shocks2a263e7d56e91d5a0e9a603c907cb20b.jpg

They look great! Where did you get them from?

actually I forgot it's got E90 top hats in there too. Got the springs from speed.