Sign in to follow this  
Valvebounce

E34 factory alarm? FML........

I have an E34.

The battery went flat for one reason or another. (I don't actually drive it much)

I charged the battery up.

Today I slapped the battery back in. The moment I opened the door, the horn starting tooting. Parp! Parp! Parp! Parp! etc.

I already removed an aftermarket Alpine alarm from it.

I tried to start it while the horn was sounding. But it wouldn't fire. (Strong smell of gas at the tail pipe)d any

I never received any remotes of any description when I bought that car either. The PO is a mate who says he never had that problem..

Help.

You car still purchase the remotes. Early ones 90s have dip switch settings . Find the alarm module , open and match the remote to the dip switches in the alarm module.

I think jay car have some comparable remotes as do key replacement stores.

These alarms can have multiplie disable circuits.

Otherwise you'll need to reverse engineer the alarm loom and added relays

Edited by Neal

Thanks Neal.

Uncle google had some other process. What I just tried was locking the doors, and then connecting the battery. Then unlocking the door with the key. Presto no hoot hoot hoot. And the engine even started. WIN.

Mine is a very early E34 (1988) So it's often different from the ones on the WWW. Mine even has the battery in the engine bay, instead of under the seat. (Although that may have changed with the M50 changeover?)