Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

I Phone repairs- SORTED

Does anyone here recommend a repairer in the Auckland area? I have a 4 and a 5 that need repairs

What needs doing?

"The core" are good but expensive, can DIY quite a lot of repairs though with the help of the internet.

On / off switch on the 4 and and crack along the top of the back on the 5 plus the ear speaker doesn't work

Edited by *Glenn*

All "proper" repair stores are expensive.

There are plenty of "cheap" repairers (usually work from home) that advertise on trademe

Some of the Apple authorised dealers have fixed price repairs like screens. Worth getting quote beforehand

On / off switch on the 4 and and crack along the top of the back on the 5 plus the ear speaker doesn't work

Hey Mate. As Neal says definitely get a quote. I fix quite a few iphones for work and friends mostly the 5. the power button requires the whole phone to be almost stripped down to the frame so you can get to it and same goes for the headphone jack (if thats what you mean by "ear speaker"). the headphone jack and the lightening connector(charging socket) are actually one piece.

This meaning it can be quite costly, if its not your main phone id say do it yourself its not too hard just take your time very fiddly stuff, there are heaps of online videos!!

just my 2c

Buy a galaxy instead :P

• Like 1

throw the 4 away. not worth keeping on the road in my opinion, as said above will be costly to fix and software is designed to make obsolete and run very slow etc.

the 5 it is possible to replace the speaker, i have a few contacts here and would get it done for you. just means shipping it down.

used this guy a few times , pretty quick and good .

lists parts on trademe etc

repairs from home in manurewa gt sth rd

021 877856

Look into DIY. It's really not too hard. Youtube is a good place to start. For parts go to Aliexpress. I have repaired several of my own phones from youtube tutorials and saved hundreds

Thanks for all the replies. All sorted now. The 5 cost $60 to fix and the repairer bought the old 4 off me for a $100 so I purchased a Lifeproof protector for the 5

• Like 1

Who'd you use mate, just smashed my third work phone in a year, can't see this one being replaced. Ha.