Sign in to follow this  
Valvebounce

Another E34 Electrical gremlin.......

So after I figured out how to make the car run, and not have the horn sound after refitting the battery, I have a new gremlin.

My central locking now doesn't work, (Can't even lift the knobs to unlock them from inside)

Sunroof don't go,

And wipers only work on full speed.

I absolutely had get gas, and I never new that the central locking also controlled the fuel flap too. So now I have a broken fuel flap hinge too. (Something I'm not stoked about!)

These three problems are clearly linked. (I've found in the past that I can't open (or close) the sunroof while the window is going up of down) therefore it stands to reason that they're interconnected.

Anyone had this problem before?

• Like 1

Check the GM module, relays, fuses under the rear seat

My mates had issues like this many years ago. We could not work it out, fitted several different modules and relays but no luck. I was about to buy it off him and replace the loom and modules as a whole.

Is there any water damage under the rear seat from the sunroof ??

My mates was a blue 50th anniversary motorsport with color-coded acs wheels. Had a plaque on the the dash and special door kick plaques. Before the point but same issues.

How do I remove the rear seat?
I've never actually looked under there, since my battery is in the engine bay.

pull up vertically at the front of the seat, there is a clip in the middle of each seat (between a passengers legs if there was one there, recommend to remove the passenger before you forage between their legs) and then once unclipped slide it forward and out. reinstall can be a pain and will need persuasion to get back enough for the clips to go back into the bottom of the seat. becomes obvious once you are in there. remember to pull out the middle passengers lap belt and buckle out of the way before reinstalling seat base. hope this helps!

Edit, I also wrecked a M20 525i at one point and have all the modules in my shed, if you need any just let me know. will need BMW parts numbers off the top or better still a photo if you can

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

check the fusable link near the battery positive terminal , thinner wire next to the main battery cable

So after I figured out how to make the car run, and not have the horn sound after refitting the battery, I have a new gremlin.

My central locking now doesn't work, (Can't even lift the knobs to unlock them from inside)

Sunroof don't go,

And wipers only work on full speed.

I absolutely had get gas, and I never new that the central locking also controlled the fuel flap too. So now I have a broken fuel flap hinge too. (Something I'm not stoked about!)

These three problems are clearly linked. (I've found in the past that I can't open (or close) the sunroof while the window is going up of down) therefore it stands to reason that they're interconnected.

Anyone had this problem before?

Sounding like the alarm is in valet mode. Some of the manual sequencing may only put the alarm in this mode. My advice would be to get the two button 433 MHz alpine remote and code dip switch.

Double door locking requires the remote to pluse the central locking. Needs the same on the unlock .

I actually removed lots of Alarm stuff from the car a while ago.

There was an Alpine alarm that is now kicking around my garage floor.

Although it had a siren, but it's the horn that gets it's noisy on.

I probably wont get the chance to f-k with it til the weekend now.

early cars will deadlock if you turn the key hard one way or the other.The knobs cant be pulled up.The wiper thing is a symptom of one of the modules,but i cant remember which one.I dont think the early e34s had a remote?Mine didnt