Sign in to follow this  
Rubix

E46 330i Touring.

Nice! Looks like 19s but theyre 18s right?

What you need is

VHT nightshade red tint spray can. Pretty sure repco or sca have them.

I have a post in the appearance thread for doing this on dads e91. Looks heaps better!

Yup 18's :) Car sits very nicely on them, very happy. Going with a slightly narrower tyre but will add 10mm spacers to all 4 corners to make it perfect.

Thanks Kyu! Knew you'd done it on the e91, looks great.

Now I need M3 mirrors, and gloss black kidney grilles.

Edited by Rubix

Glad to see it back, i presume HellBM got you all sorted. Good on them for stepping up if they did.

Its a great car, best of all the bits. Out of curiosity, is it certified?

Glad to see it back, i presume HellBM got you all sorted. Good on them for stepping up if they did.

Its a great car, best of all the bits. Out of curiosity, is it certified?

Seems to be sorted, yup. Ray was very good about it. Faulty Heater control valve, wouldn't open causing over pressurization.

Not certified, no.

That leak will be a split in the expansion tank. Expect skinned knuckles fitting a new one - then you have to bleed the system.

That leak will be a split in the expansion tank. Expect skinned knuckles fitting a new one - then you have to bleed the system.

Yeah it wasn't an expansion tank leak. radiator was leaking and heater control valve not opening.

All parts replaced.

it also needs a cert for the engine swap.... spacers are the least of the issues with getting a WOF lol.

He will have no problem getting a wof as it's still a 6 cylinder BMW engine. : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BatMansWilly
  • Like 1

Hey Dion , all the above aside, how does she drive? Are you running a LSD what diff ratio? Did you do the clutch delay valve delete?

cheers

I want to do the CDV delete , from the forums I read seems to be worth it.

same setup 3.15 open diff as well with 5 Speed.

What do you mean "being a factory auto it has a stupid rev hang, going to put a socket into the ICV" ?

same setup 3.15 open diff as well with 5 Speed.

What do you mean "being a factory auto it has a stupid rev hang, going to put a socket into the ICV" ?

I've noticed with auto-manual converted bmw's that the revs hang for nearly a second when you depress the clutch pedal (I.e doing 3k rpm, press clutch in to change gear, revs will hang at 3krpm for a bit before dropping as opposed to dropping immediately when clutch is depressed).

A recommended fix is to drop a socket (not one you need!) into the Idle control valve to restrict the amount of airflow going through it.

This thread: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1903183-Rev-hang-fix-workaround-finally! has a good explanation.

• Like 2

Mine does the same and supposedly it has the engine\gearbox\ECU from a factory manual car... so let me know how you get on. I initially thought that the pedal was super sensitive but this sort of explains it.

My E36 had the same issue after i had it converted to manual. Never fixed it before selling but its pretty common.

I was under the impression if you recoded the ECU as for a manual it would fix the problem. Never bothered trying it though.

• Like 1

I was under the impression if you recoded the ECU as for a manual it would fix the problem. Never bothered trying it though.

Manual ECU from the engine donor.

I did it on our E39 - it IS worth it. It's a stupid, stupid thing!

• Like 1