Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Bimmersport Downtime

Bimmersport went down around 4am on Saturday because there was a powercut at Hampton Downs which is where it has been hosted for the last couple of years, the UPS kicked in but when it eventually died it seems a lot of things got a voltage spike. The routers became corrupt and I lost a lot of hard drives.

I have spent the last day trying to recover what I can but I am pleased to say bimmersport is back from the dead, albeit running from my home internet for now.

Please put up with it being a bit slow until I find a permanent place to host which will be this will be Monday/Tuesday.

• Like 13

Thanks for the update James! all the best. let me know if you need any replacement gear.

Andy

Great job in getting back up thanks

good work

thanks

big ups to all the guys who host forums all round the world.I get a daily fix of bmws,pajeros,mountain bikes and motorbikes because of some awesome people!

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 4

Big thanks for your efforts.

I was missing my daily dose of bimmerforums.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Yes, nice work Jamez! I hope you're not stressing in these situations; do know that we appreciate everything you do, and if it's off air, we know you're doing what you can when you have time. Patiently waiting, sending good karma your way!

This place can't run without the support of those who run hosting kit.

Andy, very generous of you to volunteer some kit.

I almost died not checking the forums !!

• Like 3

Good stuff Jamez

Was trying to find some answers and it seemed all the best one were here.

If we could just ask people to exercise a little patience when posting, that'd be great. :)

While things are a little slower, please wait after submitting a new reply, rather than click submit several times.

If we could just ask people to exercise a little patience when posting, that'd be great. :)

While things are a little slower, please wait after submitting a new reply, rather than click submit several times.

This. have deleted heaps of posts. you wouldn't press pay pay pay pay on online banking, please do the same here.

• Like 10

Server will be at a new datacenter from tomorrow, I anticipate downtime from 8am Friday to sometime around midday Friday.

• Like 3

Server will be at a new datacenter from tomorrow, I anticipate downtime from 8am Friday to sometime around midday Friday.

Appreciated.

I'm happy to donate a contribution towards hosting/bandwidth if that's desired or required. Perhaps you could set up a donations page here on the site? Is that out-of-the-box with IP.Board?

• Like 2

Move complete, well sort, the external IP will have to change soon but it will only go down for a short time when this happens. I am also running through distro upgrades at the moment as well.

Let me know if you guys think its quicker.

• Like 2

It's way quicker!

Edited by M3AN

Seems to have gained an extra 20whp

20whp on the butt dyno.

It's way quicker!

Exactly what I was thinking!

Living in the boondocks, I'm unconcerned about waiting for a page to load. 2 seconds or 10 - makes no odds to me.

Certainly when I came to the site a few minutes ago the speed of load was evidently quicker.

Are you guys getting notification emails from bimmersport? I don't seem to be getting any :(

Are you guys getting notification emails from bimmersport? I don't seem to be getting any :(

I'm not.