Sign in to follow this  
JohnM575

White 2002 E46 M3

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1091910403.htm

An interesting combo with this M3: looks to be a white wrap over Carbonschwarz Metallic (why?!), Goodride tyres, tacky LED accessories throughout, relatively high k's, no mention of SMG maintenance/service history...However it does appear to be NZ New having searched Carjam.

This could be a relatively cheap base for a track hack for someone, or alternatively with a bit of TLC it could be a project car and without too much work could be brought back to an OEM appearance relatively cheaply.

Thoughts?

Edited by JohnM575

Interesting. See the LED's at the edge of the rear seat? I've seen those before and I thought they were on a crashed M3?

What's the chance of 2 M3's having something so, so terrible in them?

Could be a good buy at a low price. Need to consider what needs to be done to bring it up to a state you'd be happy with. Personally I'd have to get rid of tacky LEDs, get proper tyres for it. Probably new wheels too, really don't like those ones especially in black. I'd also want to know what the paint is like underneath and maybe budget for a respray if it's not good, because I really don't like that car in white.

Interesting. See the LED's at the edge of the rear seat? I've seen those before and I thought they were on a crashed M3?

What's the chance of 2 M3's having something so, so terrible in them?

I actually recall the same, cant think of more than that though. I wonder whats under the wrap?

Could be a good buy at a low price. Need to consider what needs to be done to bring it up to a state you'd be happy with. Personally I'd have to get rid of tacky LEDs, get proper tyres for it. Probably new wheels too, really don't like those ones especially in black. I'd also want to know what the paint is like underneath and maybe budget for a respray if it's not good, because I really don't like that car in white.

I agree with the above. Something tells me the paint underneath (if it is in fact a wrap) might not be so crash hot given the price point of this example.

At least it doesn't have the Kiwi interior; that would be the icing on the cake!

at first glance it might seem like a cheap bargain but when you can probably find a better one for just 2-5k more, not sure why anyone would bother. unless this was more towards like 15-16k i wouldnt touch it for 19k

I'm at work so cant see the pics but I do remember a White M3 with LED's by the rear seats sold at Turners in Christchurch a while back. If I recall correctly it went for about 12k and was in a pretty sorry state. I'll have a look when I get home tonight but it sounds like the same one.

If they're asking 19k they would have had to do some serious work to it.

I'm at work so cant see the pics but I do remember a White M3 with LED's by the rear seats sold at Turners in Christchurch a while back. If I recall correctly it went for about 12k and was in a pretty sorry state. I'll have a look when I get home tonight but it sounds like the same one.

If they're asking 19k they would have had to do some serious work to it.

Yup is the same one, went for 13ish apparently.

This is a rough car. I believe it was owned by a Uni student until it got repossessed. Personally I would not even go near it.

• Like 1

Oh god, that car again.

LEDs in the M3 side grilles.......

Please kill me now.