Sign in to follow this  
kmx

ST XA Coilovers for E90 335i or other suggestions

Hello

Im keen to improve the handling and rid my 07 E90 335i MSport of the front tyre gap.

Ive been throwing around the idea of EIBACH/H&R springs and a lower perch for the fronts but i think spending a bit more on coil overs is the right thing to do. I am aware that im at the lower spend bracket of coil overs so would like a bit of advice.

Im never going to track the car but i do want the ability to adjust height and damper.

Ive been recommended the ST XA coil overs as the KW V2s are just too expensive. The key difference seems to be stainless vs galv and im wondering how much of a problem is this in NZ.

Does anyone have any thoughts or alternatives which are roughly the same price.

Im currently on stock OEM mags style 194 on 17" and tyres and will be for a while. The mags and tyres i want eventually are pricey.

Im keen to shave off about 25-30mm from the front and also keen to understand if i need anything else other than coilovers to do this like control arms to adjust camber etc to keep the car happy and the cert guy.

Sorry totally new to this on BMW and appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

What about just getting a good shock/spring combo? Not much point paying extra just be be able to adjust unless you plan on messing with that.

I have KW V2s on my 335i coupe, have left them bang on the recommended stiffness setting and have no reason to adjust from there. They're on about max height because that's as low as you can manage in Auckland without destroying the front bumper and some speedbumps touch the underside of the car if I don't creep over them.

Bilstein make various kits, look for the one that matches what you want, eg:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5393-e90-335i-sedan-hrbilstein-sport-suspension-package/

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-22135-e90-335i-sedan-bilstein-b12-pro-kit-sport-suspension-package/

Edited by Matth5