Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

My Project and other threads missing

All of my threads and projects are missing prior to May 2011 including my signature threads ???

How has this happened ??

Looks like everything is missing prior to May 2011 when you use the search function

Edited by *Glenn*

"Search limited from 31-May 15"

Not sure why?

I'm actually.... very... very pissed off unless there is an explanation for this or I'm missing something

• Like 1

I don't know the details, but I got the impression James was relocating the hosting of the forum. There's several reasons for not transferring all the data involved, from hosting costs to time. The time to transfer isn't the whole story either - the database holding the information could need to be re-indexed, too and depending on the hosting model, that could also cost more money.

The forum was down and had to be sorted ASAP. It's back... It may be possible to investigate other issues in due course.

Should we just wait and see if there is an explanation then from the owners or admin ?

• Like 1

Should we just wait and see if there is an explanation then from the owners or admin ?

Probably best, just for the moment.

Keep your powder dry! ;)

I'm assuming it's connected with the move as per James' thread here: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/56077-bimmersport-downtime/

I'm sure he will chime in when he gets this (and I will attempt to contact him offline) but he did note he is not currently receiving notifications. Apologies for any inconvenience folks.

I've done some more checking.... there is a lot missing ATM... I hope there is back up from someone on here

• Like 1

The server is actually two virtual servers, one is a web server the other does the database. They were transferred in full (they are a single file) and came back up fine.

I have noticed some weirdness since updating the server with all the security patches etc following the move, like emails are not working and sponsors logo's not showing on the front page.

I don't have time to look at it until Thursday night but I have a feeling some of the rewriting in URL's in broken which would explain why Glenn can't see his old threads via the old style URL and why the link to the sponsors logo image isn't working even though the image exists at the path specified.

Also, there is a pending update for the Forum itself so I will probably roll this on Thursday.

Found one problem already, will recheck everything in a couple of hours and see if its come right.

Well done James.

You are a legend.

Looking now:

Sponsors logo's now working

Glenn's threads now working (they were working before but not available via the old URL style with a www)

Site is now showing correct time

• Like 1

Thanks James.... getting there :D

Maintenance threads missing also :o