Sign in to follow this  
keen

Will this give me fault code problems?

Im a little worried about the connection of a reversing camera fitting, i have an after market sat nav and wish to fit a reversing camera to it. The video lead is straight forward but the power for the camera and the switching hook up will need to be wired into the reversing light. the camera salesman said he hadn't had problems with the cars setting off fault codes but I wanted to check here first.

would help to say what are you are fitting it to.

Sorry forgot the obvious its an e90

Im a little worried about the connection of a reversing camera fitting, i have an after market sat nav and wish to fit a reversing camera to it. The video lead is straight forward but the power for the camera and the switching hook up will need to be wired into the reversing light. the camera salesman said he hadn't had problems with the cars setting off fault codes but I wanted to check here first.

Cant speak for an e90 but doing exactly this on my e46 m3 did not cause any codes.

Cant speak for an e90 but doing exactly this on my e46 m3 did not cause any codes.

Thanks for that. Be good to hear from someone who has fitted one to an E90 or can say for sure I'm ok in doing this