Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Angle of Engine + Intake & Turbo Manifold

So don't know if this is the right place so just let me know.

I was just wundering if anyone has tried changing the angle thier engine sits on.

Example. I have an e28 shell with the m30b35 engine out of e32, i am wanting to turbo the car and know the space is limited on exhaust side due to power steering ( need to do more research but only have internet few hrs a week, so i believe you can change power steering pump for more space).

In Looking yesterday i noticed the intake side of the engine has ample space, as i need to adjust engine mounts anyway as wont pass cert. Could i adjust the angle of the engine to give me more space on exhaust side eg. put another 10 degress to the right (looking from front to rear of car) so it was sitting more stright so head etc is more aligned to center of car??

Also any advise on manfolds as i was thinking of doing custom exhaust + intake for the car for further space and looks.

Any advise or a point in right direction in forum ( as i said my internet is limited at the moment, so trying to get a job comes first) :)

Thanks

Have a look a 'Crunchy's Turbo E34, he has stood the engine up a fair way, not vertical, but has created a lot of space in doing so.

I've read of a few good results doing this by spacing one engine mount of the other to gain some clearance. Not sure what effect it would have on other things such as oil pick up and cyl head drainage but that's easy enough to figure out.

Also read into some good options about doing dual 2" or 2.5" out of the turbo instead of single 3" or 3.5". That option seems to fit through the gaps.