Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Genuine 850csi

Would if I could!! https://touch.trademe.co.nz/r/listing/view/1102394906

Has been unofficially for sale for a while. Reasonably priced for a car with high kms that only arrived (with its owner) from the UK a few years ago. Still, a rarity so worth every penny. Just have another $20-30k ready for when it needs some TLC!!

• Like 1

Woah, it's even manual. Wonder if it'll actually fetch that much? Will take a real dedicated enthusiast with deep pockets to buy it. Most people would spend that budget on something newer.

Its a CSi so manual was the only option. The rims don't do it for me.

I just checked out You Tube for a very young J. Clarkson review of this, I dunno about the price though, wouldn`t an e39 M5 with cash in the bank be a bit wiser ??

Those photos certainly don't do it any justice either. For a car like that and at that price you'll need to do a better selling job than those potato photos.

Those rims are totally off for an 8 Series and also detract from the car, quite badly in my opinion.

• Like 1

CSI technically isn't top of the line. The engine was developed by the M division but the real M8 never made it to production. If it had it would've been a world beater in the early 90s pushing out more than 500bhp from a heavily modified S70 engine.

Agree re: the rims but $48k seems about right for a rare and very collectible car. The last one to sell in NZ had barely 30K kms on the clock and went for just shy of $100k.

I dont think there is any point in comparing this to an e39 m5 or an M coupe.

anyway, that fjord grey is amazing

• Like 1

Only 160 RHD CSIs ever built and this one is one of only 4 with this colour combo. Certainly falls into the rare category!!

That is hands down the sexiest car you could buy in 1993, but now its a collectors car, it needs plenty of love and money, anything less would be criminal.you cant compare it to a modern, mass produced M car.

• Like 2

Car looks amazing, photos are useless.

Having seen this in the flesh and had a chat to the owner I can say it is a car that is used regularly and not a garage queen.

Agree the pictures don't do it justice but it is what it is - a rare CSI!

And we don't really have a 'choice' of CSI's (or any 8er for that matter) with the 'body/interior colour combo, wheels and all of the tick list options that I would of wanted if I bought one when new' here in NZ do we B)

Anybody want to buy an e60 M5 so I can get myself this or the e39 M5 just listed ? :D

Edited by treone

That is hands down the sexiest car you could buy in 1993,

Fairly bold, subjective statement :P

Id say its one of the sexiest cars of the period.

Plenty of other competition was available at the time, and in most cases were selling for half the price. All coupe / 2 doors with their own unique style and qualities, eg:

Porsche 928 GTS - V8

Jaguar XJS-R - V12

Lexus SC400 - V8

SL500 / SL600 - V8 / V12

560SEC - V8

Honda NSX - V6

Sounds like an ideal collection to be honest :)

Plenty of other competition was available at the time, and in most cases were selling for half the price. All coupe / 2 doors with their own unique style and qualities, eg:

Porsche 928 GTS - V8

Jaguar XJS-R - V12

Lexus SC400 - V8

SL500 / SL600 - V8 / V12

560SEC - V8

Honda NSX - V6

you listing your ideal garage after winning lotto? LOL

Edited by Docile
  • Like 1

you listing your ideal garage after winning lotto? LOL

Daily keno would do it :P

Imo the nsx is the prettiest out of that list. Also the best overall performance.

If i won the daily keno i'd buy the csi though and restore it to as new. I'd say the lotto strike might be needed if it's blowing smoke on hard accel.

• Like 2

Porsche 928 GTS - V8

Jaguar XJS-R - V12

Lexus SC400 - V8

SL500 / SL600 - V8 / V12

560SEC - V8

Honda NSX - V6

Aren't bold subjective statements why internet forums were invented? ;)

• Like 2

NSX and SEC are deecnt looking cars and great for their times but both have aged and show it. The CSI on the other hand still looks current, and other than the NSX its about the only one on that list that would turn almost every head it went past.

• Like 4

And it has the bonus going for it that many people on the street wouldn't know what it was, and would be incredibly surprised to hear it was a BMW. The 8 after all is the only BMW produced in that sort of supercaresque shape, bar the M1.

• Like 1

--

560SEC - V8

--

Thanks for the feedback, its my CSI up for sale. Surprised by some of the comments about the rims. I really like them and they usually get rave feedback.. and they really are rare period correct rims! They are nice and wide which really complements the CSi's fat ass shape. ;) I previously had Style 5 and Style 32's on it.. I've had this car for quite a while!

PS: Here is is beside my 560SEC back in Ireland. :D

IMG_0462_900x672.jpg

Edited by kodachrome
  • Like 7

But just look how mean and glorious the CSI looks sitting next to it. Completely different league. If only i wasnt poor, an 850csi (or even just a manual 850i) was always on my list of dream cars growing up.

The 560SEC AMG would be a fairer comparison to the CSi. I like the CSi but love the AMG,.

post-733-0-50993000-1465676599_thumb.jpg

• Like 2