Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Factory exhaust sizes - BMWs at 3" ?

Hey so struggling to find good information hoping someones had the experience or knows on here if anyone's got a later model and played around with their exhaust.

Basically what I am trying to find is were there any other BMW's that have a 3" exhaust, reason is I am trying to find a Remus muffler (I love their sound) that will fit my E30. Catch obviously being I've committed 3" already but don't like my current muffler, so have been on the hunt for a replacement.

The one I knew of, e60 545i/550i that Josh used on his S50 E30 has been discontinued, have tried looking around locally and U.S if anyone still had stock but no luck.

My only other lead is on a e60 535d, but I can't find a definitive answer! If anyone has a 535d and could measure it that would be fab. Or any other models that would be great.

OOPS posted in the wrong forum fml

Edited by e30ftw

We've got one here at work which I can try to measure up for you tomorrow if you have no luck today.

No rush, I've been looking for months. Just keen to get some ideas and see what other options there are before I give up on having a remus, or look at remaking the rear into a dual... Which I want to avoid.

You could use a parts catalog for bmw's i.e bmwfans.info lookup the exhaust parts of something like the e60 535d. The exhaust clamps should give you the measurements. Probably in mm.

The e39 m5 exhaust is 2.75"

Edited by BreakMyWindow

Woolf mufflers in Dominion Road Auckland used to have heaps of Remus mufflers.

http://www.woolfmufflers.co.nz/

They know their onions. I have had Remus mufflers on 3.0r Subaru and on my current M5. Very nice....but not as loud as I would like!

• Like 1

Yeah Woolf was the first I tried, they got rid of theirs earlier in the year. And yeah, they sound awesome. I'm hoping it will also quieten mine down because it's ridiculously loud at the moment and quite droney.

Might try that parts catalog idea, didn't think of that.

thread moved to correct category :)

I'd import some magnaflow stuff via ebay.

Plenty of options and its good quality gear without being ripped off.

Supersprint is another quality option however they're pricey.

Next thing I would try is looking at aftermarket modern HSV stuff. Would have the right amount of flow.

Yeah so I've found the 535d Remus is 3", but it's overall muffler is smaller and probably won't flow well enough (535d 200kw). I really got no room to change anything but the rear muffler.. I might just have to live with it an get a Vibrant or Magnaflow instead. Wanted something more quiet and raspy though.

What about a custom made muffler there must be someone about that builds them! For a price

• Like 1

Send me a pm, I'm running a gutted e36 328i muffler with 3" input, might be worth thinking about?

I've had a chat to manawatu mufflers, they can make me one for a good price and seem to know what they are doing so probably going to go that route. I need something high flowing but quiet, big ask when it's 3"

I've had a chat to manawatu mufflers, they can make me one for a good price and seem to know what they are doing so probably going to go that route. I need something high flowing but quiet, big ask when it's 3"

There use to be ultra tuff mufflers in tauranga really knew what they were doing. Manawatu mufflers bought them out quite a few years ago.