Sign in to follow this  
GorGasm

E87 ABS/DSC Hydro Pump

Hiya,

Recently I have developed the dreaded hydro pump failure in my 130i. BMW want $3000 for it as usual.

I have a part number 6776068 and 6779069 for the pump and electric module. Does anyone know of a good source for replacement units and whether slightly different part numbers will work? I know these modules came in a lot of things over that period.

TIA!

Says doesn't fit 130i :/

All the Ebay auctions say it's for 4 cylinders only, I am not sure why the pump would be different though. I was looking at the Ebay kits before but can't seem to find something that says it fits heh.

Says doesn't fit 130i :/

Third line down in the list of applications:

BMW 1 Series 2007 E81 [2006-2012] Hatchback Hatchback 130i 2996ccm 258HP 190KW (Petrol)

normally failed , motor brushes etc , can sometimes repair them

I appreciate the replies but after further investigation it seems the Ebay pumps kits are not the same pump as the 130i. Mine as an ATE pump while the 4 cylinders appear to be Bosch or something along those lines. It does indeed appear to be a case of the brushes wearing down to failure and that would fit with the fact that it happened very rarely to start with, then more frequently and now permanently.

The Ebay listing is also for E81, although in theory that would be the same as E87.

Have currently got two options. Burger motors said they can remove the unit and send to Tauranga for repair at a "reasonable" cost, otherwise I can pull the unit and send to ecutesting.com in the UK for repair at ~200 pounds.

Mildy miffed at the price BMW are charging :/ Oh well, the car hasn't had any other faults in the last 2 years so it's not all doom and gloom.

Mildy miffed at the price BMW are charging :/ Oh well, the car hasn't had any other faults in the last 2 years so it's not all doom and gloom.

It always pays to research. :)

BMW prices do tend to be quite high, but there's less chance of receiving an incorrect part, and if you do return is easier.

I may have a similar situation with our 320d.

Perhaps Glenn from Botany Motor Worx will chime in... if not maybe ask him for advice; he gave me details (which I can't find anywhere) for a guy called Shane in south Auckland who rebuilds ABS units (I was talking to him re SI board stuff so can't speak for his work on braking components). He maybe able to help.

Edited by jonoe30

I haven't looked at these units before, but I manufacture brushes for many other DC motors, could take a look at yours if you like. (I'm in hamilton)

Rob @ Power Stop Engineering in Tauranga has told me he can repair these. I've not had one repaired yet... only replaced with new units (3 in fact)

Rob @ Power Stop Engineering in Tauranga has told me he can repair these. I've not had one repaired yet... only replaced with new units (3 in fact)

Can he repair fuel pumps, too?

OK - I've not got to that point yet, but I'm trying to line up solutions that don't cost $000s.

Thanks for the help guys. I think Burger is sending it to Power Stop, have got the wife to drop the car in next week and should hopefully have it back by next weekend.

If it all falls to pieces I might see if Pollen can help :) Otherwise, off to ecutesting!

A quick update. Burger sorted out the repair, in and out it cost a total just over $800. Pretty happy with that and for Burger to go out of their way to send it off for repair. Would recommend them to anyone else needing this repair.

Back to trouble free motoring (i hope ;))