Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Best BMW engine builder?

I know this might be a bit of a how long is a piece of string question, but who would be considered to be the best BMW engine builder in the country??

Looking for someone to build me a spare CSL engine with all stock parts.

• Like 1

Taylor Automotive do all the CCS Porshe/Audi, Auckland City BMW, JC BMW rebuilds.

They may cost an arm and a leg, but they're good. Can't comment on 'best' as don't know everyone out there or have had any engines built haha! Just going off our main suppliers at SD.

Ray/Kayne also?

Paramount engineering built a couple for me and were good. Think I initially went there through Kayne and or Ray.

• Like 1

I am after more empirical evidence and experience over word of mouth really. Anyone can build an engine (heck I can probably do it but I know for a fact I don't have all the right tools or years of experience). In my opinion it's also the equipment that they have at their disposal that often dictate how well an engine is built/rebuilt.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 1

Talk to Kayne. His attention to detail is beyond most I have met. He will send you in the right direction.

Or else you can look overseas. VAC have many options. They supply to race teams world wide.

Edited by driftit

Murray at papakura engine specs.

Taylor automotive but as it has been said, pricey.

I worked for an engine reconditioning part supplier and they are the only two in Auckland that i would use.

Taylor is well known in Motorsport as being one of the top engine builders in NZ.

Not the same scale as a csl engine, but did the line bored and assembled the long block on my a series turbo. Superb job done by them.

Edited by Neal

Taylor rebuilt my S65 (as mentioned at great expense) but they've done a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk