Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

E36 touring remote central locking issue

Central locking works fine with the key but driver's door and rear left doors don't lock with the remote.

Can any electrical whizz's shed any light on root cause? Am figuring GM module rather than door actuators or the issue would occur with the key as well as the remote but not my area of expertise.

Anyone? Josh? Anyone?

Hmmm, interesting one. Sounds like the fault would have to be the Central locking system module, 1 61358368173

Would be happy to have a look, perhaps remove the unit and inspect the module to see what you're dealing with.

I'm at home today so feel free to call in

• Like 1

Thanks Mike. Upon further investigation the rear door is actually NOT working with the rest of the central locking when I use the key so I'm thinking it probably is the actuators after all. I'm guessing the driver's side is working with the central locking because the actuator isn't connecting to the rest of the system when the key is used. But of course won't work with the remote.

They're pretty cheap so I'll try that first but will definitely take you up on your offer of help if that doesn't work!

Edited by jeffbebe

Replaced the actuators and everything works. Driver's side was easy, rear passenger door a bit of a PITA to get at but whole thing took no more than 1.5 hours and remote central locking now works perfectly. Sweet.

Jeez Julian, I can't keep up with you.  You have an e36 Touring now?  That's replaced the e30?

On 8/7/2016 at 8:57 PM, Olaf said:

Jeez Julian, I can't keep up with you.  You have an e36 Touring now?  That's replaced the e30?

Correct. Needed a wagon for work/dogs and got a great deal on a 328i wagon. Had no problems shifting the E30. First viewer took it!

• Like 1