Sign in to follow this  
murrayafc

E39 525i 2002 Replacement Unit

I've been hunting through but cant really find what im looking for, I've probably not looked hard enough so if somebody can point me to the right thread that would be great.

I've taken out the head unit and im just going to stick a standard double din unit in. Bluetooth is the main reason. I've seen other stuff about upgrading the current one but don't understand the procedure. So this seems easier. I'm not fussed about Amps and subs.

I'm facing the 2 connectors, dosent look like there is a simple connector for this, so can I just chop them off and solder? if so does anybody have a wiring diagram for these?

Image of wires attached but im sure your all aware of them.

Cheers

Murray

post-53456-0-78847900-1466224173_thumb.j

Im sure any car audio shop etc would have or can make adapter plugs to go into any aftermarket unit. Chopping factory wiring in this case to save a tiny amount of money\time is something bubba would do (bubba is a f**king muppet).

Did you have a monitor in the dashboard?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I'm not fussed about saving time or money if i could find a simple adapter that would be great. I'll try some other places i suppose. I went to one and they were just going to cut the ends off.

Yes I had a monitor in the dashboard.

Cheers

Oh since you have a monitor you'd need to run the radio wiring to the front on the car using an extension harness. The radio module is in the boot(behind back seat) on cars with a monitor and it controls all the speakers etc. Probably best to get a dynavin android clone headunit or similar off ebay etc as its all plug and play and fits without any having to modify things. You will probably still have to run the radio wiring to the front though (sold separately usually)

right I've decided not to replace the head unit as dont want to spend close to 1000 bucks. so I was just going to get one of these from ebay. I cant find them in new Zealand i tried the DICE stockist on the forum but he does not have any, if anybody knows if these are locally available let me know.

2016 AUDIOVOX CARSTREAM- REPLACES DICE MEDIABRIDGE BMW BLUETOOTH SIRI SIRIUSXM

So my question is does this just connect to where the CD changer would go in the boot? I don't have a changer in there so how do I know if this is even wired up as the head unit says nothing about CD input but im guessing that's because its not connected. I would just leave this device in the boot and pair my phone to it, maybe run a mic via the aux port to the drivers area.

I've attached afew photos of what I have just now.

post-53456-0-02091700-1467694139_thumb.jpost-53456-0-40782500-1467694147_thumb.jpost-53456-0-65023600-1467694160_thumb.jpost-53456-0-69335900-1467694192_thumb.j

Thanks in advance for any advice

Many BMW's are pre-wired for cd changers without having a cd changer. Yes connect the device into those plugs and run the necessary cables etc to the front of the car, assuming the plugs match.

cheers eagle, I'll confirm with the eBay boy that this just connects straight into the changer cables.

I have done this, if you dont want to run a plug n play dynavin unit, you will have to get a wiring extension to extend all the wiring from the amp in the boot to the unit in the dash, and then you will have to run a longer aerial cable aswell if you want the radio to work, can be an expensive process. may be easier to run one of the bluetooth adapter kits you can buy

yeah looked like a bit of a mission putting a new head unit in, so I've just ordered an Audiovox media bridge from eBay.

Just an update the audiovox media bridge works a treat installed in about 20 minutes and ran it to the glove box. Front cup holder were broken so took them out and ran the microphone through the hole. Going to make a blanking plate instead. and attached beside the steering wheel. Good option to leave everything looking stock and and only 200 bucks.

• Like 2

Nice to hear, been meaning to sort one into the E38 which I'll now do since I updated the radio module, it should be all sweet. Thanks for adding the updated product link to eBay