Sign in to follow this  
hqstu

Back on board - changed colour

Hi All,

First post, joined in 2012 with an 03 530 motorsport titansilber but now have just picked up TopasBlau 03 motorsport. Was looking for a v8 but couldn't go past this one at the price.

A few new parts are streaming in from the US and Europe. Done the CCV and DISA, a damn good clean, painting wheels, got a waterpump and thermostat to do, the valve cover gasket needs doing and I may do the Vanos O-rings at the same time. Underbody spoiler shields are missing (Geez they're expensive..) and a fair bit of watermarking to deal with.

Apart from that - he's perfect....

Look forward to learning a bit of stuff and sharing a bit of knowledge on here... I'm also on bimmerfest.

Cheers

Stuart.

• Like 4

Yes Photos - when he's worthy and when I learn how...

It's an E39, sorry no pictures yet as it hasn't moved from the garage since I got home. Need to do water pump and thermostat and while I'm there I'll do VANOS and valve cover gasket I suppose. Been busy dealing with a lot of watermarking on glass and body as well as making plans to replace a few more bits. Each wheel has curb rash and one off at a time to sort that. Suspect the vapour barriers in doors are dodgy, especially rear ones, and need to check out left front window as it doesn't auto up, someone may have been in there fiddling with connectors...

But he's looking a lot better since first arriving - been busy...

It's an E39,

Very very nice. Good to see another E39 gone into good hands.

I've finally posted up some photos in the Gallery under "hqstu".

Car is mobile again after finishing; VANOS, Waterpump, Thermostat, Spark plugs, Valve cover gasket, CCV, DISA, damn good clean as I go...

Also fitted new front door seals, badge, more cleaning, wheel painting, wheel liners out to clean, still going on with stuff, be he's running, and running very well.

• Like 1

Looking very nice and looks like you're doing all the good maintenance work! well done.

You should try make a trip up to auckland for our coffee meet next month say hi :)

• Like 1

Cool yes, 7th August, I'll have my people clear my calendar.

Nice looking E39. I really like that color.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1