Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

type iof ride im looking for

Guest Andrew

Bear in mind you have to polish before you wax.. or there is no point. If your paint is really dull you might want to get some meguiars oxidation remover then the meguiars polish will remove any remaining oxidation/road film. Then wax with meguiars.

Products that work and are good:

Plastic parts - Autoglym plastic restorer

Vinyl - Pacer Restoral

Windows - Mr Muscle

Wheels - Ripper , but wash it off very quickly

Wax polish - easy on but not very long lasting are malco products. Meguiars is much better.

Chrome - Autosol metal polish is awesome.

I'm not sure if any of those products are availiable at shops or only through trade, you can get Meguiars however.

As for car wash, find one with no wax in it and one that won't take off wax. Your average dishwashing liquid will nicely strip the car of any wax. You shouldn't need to soap a car down that is properly waxed, a nice waterblast with a decent shammy down should bring it back to what it looked like 3 months ago when you waxed it.

Sorry Andrew, my quick reply made it sound like i mix them together and do it all in one, i did realise that you need to polish before you wax.

Y did no-one ever tell me that dish wash liquad removes the wax ?????????