Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Can't find a E39 M5 ?

Can't find a decent E39 M5 ?? Well according to this video review, go out and buy a Commodore SS instead B)B)

https://youtu.be/YbLweooe3aM

Apparently ( according to the Yanks ) the chassis of the SS is a 'copy' of the E39 !!

Edited by camera doctor

It's a cool video and a nice comparison of the two. Be nice to try the SS with that damper set up.

yea and if you look at the earlier holden commodores

they have a very similar looking beam and trailing arm suspension like the e34.

• Like 1

Pretty cool a 16 year old uber sedan can still keep up with the latest and greatest.

pity they didn't have access to my old silver e28 then ;)

So the best 4 door American car in 2016 is a Holden, sounds about right!

• Like 1

Great vid, pretty sure the E39 will carry its price through the years better as well, pretty piss poor reflection on US scene and shows how few manuals there are now :(

It is a bit scary.

People mock holden, but really theyre the last to keep true to true sports driving. blimmin GFC & hippies, killing it all.

Although if GM developed a new LS motor which was based on modern tech, we probably wouldn't be in the position we are today. death of the big block in something you can buy as OEM. Merc ditched their version of the 6.2 which was popping out 500hp in NA form in favour of turbo. As much as boost is awesome, the true linear torque and sledge hammer of a NA v8 cant ever be beat.

• Like 2

Really kills me the image of a Holden in NZ and the fact we only get one LS model. Because otherwise it is a really appealing package.

Yes I like heavy metal, black jeans, burnouts and West Auckland, but no one knows if I'm not in a Holden.

• Like 1