Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

Got ripped off on Trademe, options?

Good evening everyone,

I bought a cricket bat on trademe for indoor cricket almost two weeks ago for $77. The seller is based in Palmy and I am in Auckland. The seller sent an email with Bank details and courier costs. I did a direct bank transfer and then emailed him my address. After that, no reply or bat. He didn't provide a phone number either. His ratings are ok, 97% with 260 transactions and people have said he tends to be very slow in replying. But I have informed trademe of the issue and they are trying to contact him.

If that fails, what other options do I have? Contact Police maybe?

Thanks

police won't get you anywhere, but a claim at disputes tribunal might. Costs $60 to lodge a claim. a court order tends to wake people up and will get sorted well before it comes to actually going. of course, $60 on top of a $77 bat might not be justifiable in your case, but i have done it on principal to one particular person in the past.

• Like 2

police won't get you anywhere, but a claim at disputes tribunal might. Costs $60 to lodge a claim. a court order tends to wake people up and will get sorted well before it comes to actually going. of course, $60 on top of a $77 bat might not be justifiable in your case, but i have done it on principal to one particular person in the past.

Cheers Andy. I will probably lodge the dispute just for the same reason.