Sign in to follow this  
Matich

E36 D2 coilovers + cert

Just installed some D2 coilovers on the car and have been really happy with the end result! It has made the car a lot more fun to drive (esp through the twisties :D ). It's now time to get a certification and all the places I have contacted have quoted me between $500-600 minimum.

Reading through other various NZ car forums I've seen others been quoted for a lot less and would like to know what others on this forum have paid in the past for the same cert, and perhaps what location that was in?

post-52990-0-39393300-1467944080_thumb.j

• Like 1

$450 2X

Rates can change over time though...just like petrol prices

Edited by *Glenn*

I recently touched on this with something I was thinking of and was told that the certification process has recently changed slightly. I don't know if prices are variable between certifiers but I'd not be surprised if they are. I gathered that there used to be a 'whole car' certification facility, but that's no longer the case and each item is checked separately. With consequent extra paperwork... And cost.

I've no plans to become a certifier but I plan to find out what is involved at some point.