Sign in to follow this  
Rohil

E36 6 CD Stacker Help

So i got myself a E36 328i Touring, which for me is a huge step into the modern world after my '85 E30.

What i don't know is, basically anything about audio related things.

What i do know is, after some poking around the car i have found hidden away a factory 6 CD stacker which when i hit 'eject' roared into life perfectly. This got me excited.

Currently the car has a aftermarket headunit of some flavour with its own in-built single CD mechanism.

Basically what i would love some help on is, which FACTORY radio do i need to find in order to work with my CD stacker? I am a huge fan of the factory look, but id like it to work with my CD stacker, as well as add some extra functionality later (which iv seen kits to add onto he factory stuff).

Would anyone be able to shed some light on which head unit i would need and whether this would be at all possible?

You can see said headunit in the attached photo, as my mate enjoys some seat time in the touring.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

post-51605-0-51221000-1468237088_thumb.j

Edited by Rohil

Would a C33 or C43/CD43 work for my application? With the latter two, the Anytime link thing looks great!

The brand of stacker is on the back of it. NZ new e36s many used Sony units to a certain point. ( my NZ 94 325i) Philips where also used ( wife's 96 328i)

Take a picture of the stacker cartridge and post it up. Might be able to tell from that.

Iirc there are a few different options depending on the stacker, and what cable it has. Ibus I think the better one is called?

I have an Anyltime Link plugged into my e39 factory unit - it plugs in where the stacker would normally plug in - so its either one or the other I'm afraid.

The brand of stacker is on the back of it. NZ new e36s many used Sony units to a certain point. ( my NZ 94 325i) Philips where also used ( wife's 96 328i)

Take a picture of the stacker cartridge and post it up. Might be able to tell from that.

Iirc there are a few different options  depending on the stacker, and what cable it has. Ibus I think the better one is called?

Thanks guys! I'll have a look at what brand it is and can report back.

I have an Anyltime Link plugged into my e39 factory unit - it plugs in where the stacker would normally plug in - so its either one or the other I'm afraid.

That's for the info! That sucks cause I was rather hoping I could do both. Well, this sucks haha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk