Sign in to follow this  
Etwenty1

Vehicle transporters

Looking to shift an x5 from south island, who do we think the best outfit is to use? Cheers

I used Toll from Dunedin to Auckland. Takes about 6 days I believe? Depot to Depot.

A lot more expensive that Kopua's $300-odd though from memory.

+1 for captain transporter, instant online quotes too so easy to see what it'll cost ya.

Yeah I'm doing Invercargill to Tauranga, looks like 1000 incl gst. The captain is around $1200

I used Captain Transporter to get my e39 from Auckland, They charged extra for a North Shore pickup, then turned up unannounced, despite their website advising notice.

Luckily the old owner was home but because of the lack of notice had not been able to charge the battery.The car was towed onto the transporter, the old owner rang me to advise the battery issue so I rang the Captain to divert the car to my ChCh mechanic instead of my place. I asked for 24 hrs notice so I could alert the mechanic, however they turned up unannounced again after 5 days on the road.The mechanic`s apprentice sent them away,and I eventually located the car at NZ Express in ChCh who wanted another $90 to redeliver the car.Eventually the car got delivered. I have to say that the lady at Captain Transporter was very nice, but I couldn`t believe the lack of contact from them. They`re obviously a broker and don`t always know where their cars are at any stage. I should have used a full service Transport Company.

Ive used them before (and would again if they were cheaper this time) to move an e34 from welly to Tauranga, the one in my avatar. They didnt ring prior to dropping off but I didn't mind. Car was left secure.

Edited by etwenty1

Yeah nah done that before maybe if it was summer.....

$1200? You need this guy...

pensive.png

No you got me there who is it?

I've flown down to CHCH before to collect an e30 and while it was a good mission I do not enjoy that ferry ride

No you got me there who is it?

I've flown down to CHCH before to collect an e30 and while it was a good mission I do not enjoy that ferry ride

sorry mate, reference to Vanishing Point

Ha ha classic, my old man took me to see that when I was way too young to be seeing naked ladies on motor bikes.

whats the cost Chch to Auckland or Hamilton look like? and then go pick it up from there

Yeah Auckland is cheaper than Hamilton but then I have to go get.

It's on it's way now so currently researching glow pug replacement and swirl flaps