Sign in to follow this  
Jagan

Can you suggest me a good BMW model to buy?

Hi Guys,

I am from Auckland,NZ and I registered here for taking your advice on buying a BMW. Currently I drive a Honda civic for the past 4 years which is in great conditions but it is my long term dream to have a bmw so looking for options to buy a good bmw used car.

Can you guys please suggest me a good model for the below requirements?

1. We are 4 people so need a sedan with 4 door

2. Can pay upto 20K NZD

3.Looking for the models with first registration year after 2009 and odometer less than 80K

4.Petrol is preferred. Not much travel except to office from home in Auckland.

5. Low maintenance interns of servicing and fuel

When i search on Trade me i am getting some results satisfying all the above but with different models like 320i LCI,325 etc...so i am not sure which one suits for me?

Normally i give my HONDA car to regular service every 6 months which costs me about 150NZD so how much it costs for BMW?

I know i am asking too many questions, but appreciate your time.

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Edited by Jagan

E91 325i? Wagon rather than sedan but more room in the boot

E90 320 D or 325 D only... keep away from petrol for reliability and low maintenance costs

I would not buy a 4 cylinder petrol powered BMW... ever. The N46 4 cylinder engine is the worst engine BMW has produced following the N42 which was a similar disaster

• Like 1

Hi Jagan, is there a reason you don't want a diesel? I think the suggestions above are to get a six cylinder petrol or a <any cylinder> diesel.

My knowledge of newer BMW's is limited so I can't even tell you which ones are 4 v's 6 cylinder sorry.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I would not buy a 4 cylinder petrol powered BMW... ever. The N46 4 cylinder engine is the worst engine BMW has produced - The two links on trade me have this 4 cylinder?

I am ok with Diesel option but only thing is I have not drove diesel vehicle in Auckland till now hence I specified petrol. Some people told me is diesel engine cannot start if we don't use the car for more than 10 days when we go for vacation and that one of the reason i am looking for petrol but i might be wrong.

So what is the best model i can search with those requirement with diesel option also?

Thanks Guys...

Edited by Jagan

buy my 2006 325i station wagon :)

Just under 80,000 kms, black, motorsport, sunroof, automatic, petrol, excellent condition - great for family and holidays or just daily driving.

Ring me tomorrow Jagan (09) 2722546 or come and see me

No such thing as a low maintenance or $150 every 6 month used bmw. If you can afford brand new which comes with warranty and service plans then you will enjoy care free motoring, unless you get a factory lemon.

These cars are built to a high standard (in most cases) and demand that they're well maintained.

Not trying to put the op off but If you're looking at a bmw in the 20k price range, expect some bills if you intend on keeping it for a while.

Also keep in mind that with imports Km on the clock doesnt really mean a damn thing. If its done only 11,000km, its either been sitting around doing nothing (and missing out on a ton of servicing in that time, just wasting away) or been doing lots of short trips/sitting in traffic idling.

Sounds like you want one just for the badge. Id suggest sticking with your Honda as it appears to meet your requirements, its always going to be cheaper maintain.

Hi Jared,

i have been driving Honda from the beginning...my driving started 12 years ago and now looking for change just to satisfy myself :)

"I am looking for minimum bills at least for the next 2-3 years..."

Unfortunately this is not always the case with a BMW

The link doesn't work for me

Pretty expensive considering its done high kms for a 2009 model.

Just because a car is NZ new doesnt mean you automatically get full service history...

so it is not recommended right?

I will keep searching and get in touch with you.

Thanks a lot