Sign in to follow this  
Murdock

1989 E30 M325i

The car is an '89 M-Tech II, Diamondschwartz metallic. The chassis has done approximately 345,000km (the coil springs in the odometer packed up approximately two years ago, the odometer frozen in time at 331,000km), with a lower km (approx. 250,000) engine fitted by HellBM in May of last year. I've had the odometer repaired, current mileage showing 332,000km. I've had the car for coming up on 6 years now, bought it in a very 'stanced' state from the previous owner, but fitted refurbished Bilsteins and new King springs to sort out the belly scraping issues (was unable to source any BMW originals at the time). Other than that, and a recent rear bumper repair and respray, I haven't really got too far down the restoration route. Have been running a rolling replacement of perishable items e.g. boots, driveshaft guibo. The front seats have been refurbished by Waikumete Upholsterers (in May), the sunroof has a couple of minor rust spots (see pic) that could do with attending to, there is a small crack in the dash (seemingly an E30 rite of passage) but other than that the car runs well and has been ultra-reliable during my ownership.

Genuine reason for sale (I am looking to move on to an E46 M3), ideally looking for offers in the region of $10,000 but obviously I have some room for negotiation. The car is available to view in Auckland, my contact number is 0211229081.

post-5509-0-30601900-1468461599.jpg

post-5509-0-13610700-1468461613.jpg

post-5509-0-15928000-1468461620.jpg

post-5509-0-02007900-1468461632.jpg

post-5509-0-61139500-1468461638.jpg

post-5509-0-30275400-1468461671_thumb.jp

post-5509-0-96283900-1468461798.jpg

Edited by Murdock

Why not some more zeroes on the price.

• Like 1

Why not some more zeroes on the price.

What do you think it's worth (I have no idea)?

@Mrbrock - sorry, posted the ad on my phone, didn't factor it coming out like that on the website.

@Fiat - a valid question, what with the plethora of fanciful sellers seeking ambitious sums for decidedly ordinary metal. And of course, a car is only worth what the next owner is willing to part with. However as M325s go this is easily the lowest-priced I've seen in the last 3 years and, in an age when standard 4 door E30s in good order can fetch $6K, and a low mileage M325 c.$20K, I'm hoping I'm not being too ambitious. :-)

• Like 2

High k's but looks well maintained. I don't think you've priced it badly at all.

• Like 2

Agreed, priced about right, one was on trademe a couple of months ago with similar k's, same colour and went for $10 I believe, folks ask for silly money and unless pretty much mint they don't sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MD13 and bga - Thanks for the feedback, genuinely I do appreciate it as I too have seen a couple of M325s doing the rounds on Trademe for in the region of $12 - 15k which don't seem to shift too rapidly. Nice to know that I'm in the right ballpark. May be as much a function of the market for these cars I guess, they're pretty niche appeal. At the end of the day I'm not selling this car to make a fast buck, basking in the glory of the M3s rise to absurdity (and beyond). I bought this car for $9000 in 2010. It's in far better nick now than it was back then, but I spent money where it was needed to bring the car back up to scratch, not to maximise my "profit" (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!) come sale time. That the cars have risen in value the past few years is incidental and, largely, irrelevant - I want her to find a new home with a genuine enthusiast owner (hence advertising here first). Cheers. :)

• Like 2

Nice.

Fix up the sunroof (can't be that big a job), take some decent photos and get it on TM. You'll get your asking price.

loose the AC Schnitzer badge, or post what AC Schnitzer goodies it actually has, because from where I am sitting that is detracting value.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, how much did the reupholstory of the seats cost if you don't mind me asking? I've got a pair of msport seats that need doing, cheers

• Like 1

@ 3 Series - cheers mate, my photography skills do leave a lot to be desired - may enlist the help of my nephew.

@ Andy - absolutely no Schnitzer (or Scheisser, as my wife would say) goodies that I can detect. Mainly kept for the obscure reason that our old 7 a side footie team (approx a third Irish, a third Italian, a third German) was unimaginatively christened - yep - AC Schnitzer. The badges are easily removed. :-)

@ bga - nowhere near as horrendous as I had anticipated. Just under a grand for the pair, and the driver's seat gave the impression the previous owner had met an untimely demise at the hands of a large bear. If your seats are in reasonable condition I don't doubt you could undercut that. Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks Murdoch, I'll give them a call today, sounds promising the ones I have sound in a similar condition to what you describe, cheers

Edited by bga
  • Like 1