Sign in to follow this  
skyguy

Supercharger kit for 1993 E36 M3

Hi guys. I've got a 1993 E36 M3. Obviously RHD and euro spec. It's my weekend fun car and odd track day car. Have done a lot of mods to the suspension, drive train and engine in it's current NA state.

I'm now after a bit more power as I've basically done most of what I can on the NA side. There seem to be a lot of supercharger kits getting good results out of the states and Europe, but they are for the lower powered US spec models (240hp) or left hand drive models. As mine is the 3.0L (210kw/286hp) there don't seem to be any 'kit' options that work.

Ideally I'd like to get around 400hp, maybe a little more and retain a lot of the reliability and drive ability that I currently enjoy. Does anyone know if there are any kits out there that would work for me, or any tuning places that have done work like this before that I could talk to?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,
Skyguy

3.0/3.2 shouldn't make a difference, same s/c unit for both. RHD/LHD shouldn't make a difference either, front of the engines are the same. However you don't want a s/c for a US M3.

RMS are probably the best, have you checked out their Stage 2 setup?

http://www.racemarque.com/product/stage-2-bmw-e36-euro-m3-supercharger-kit/

Has anyone had experience with installing kits like this?

if it is a complete bolt in kit, then it should be fairly easy. The tuning will be the difficult part. I suggest you sort out a tuner first who will do forced induction and whether you'll be running a modified DME or a standalone.

edit: I want to do this as well .. 6-8psi at 11.3:1 should net 400whp . 

Edited by handgrenade