Sign in to follow this  
TermiPeteNZ

E53 X5 rear window not working

Just had a rear passenger window stop working on my X5 - youngest son put the window down all the way and heard a clunk :\ Can hear the motor going so sounds like it is a regulator issue. At least it wasn't raining!!!

Yip, regulator gone. Easy fix just make sure you order the right year (use vin) and of cause the correct door :)

Done a couple and I'm no rocket scientist. On my old E39 note they changed regulators half way through model cycle hence always important to check you have the correct one

• Like 1

Cheers Brent.

Regulator being fitted tomorrow. No time for DIY :\

• Like 1

All sorted with a ~$200 aftermarket regulator. As usual - more bust plastic!

Driscoll Motors said 'at least it isn't a Volvo - the plastics are terrible on them...'

I do have to pop back as the airbag warning light hasn't been reset after the work was done on the door :) Oh well...

• Like 1

And now airbag light reset and sorted ... but today the left front window is now stuck down ... looks like it will be regulator #2!

Regulator #2 done.

But - had to replace both rocker cover gaskets after getting another oil leak on the garage floor.

And - spotted when that was being done - both power steering hoses are now being replaced (arriving from Germany next this week).

All I can say is that I'm glad (a) I have a MBI to reduce my total spend and (b) I get paid well.

My original thinking of owning my BMWs for 2-3 years and replacing/updating more regularly has taken a back seat. Need to keep both the 545i and X5 longer to justify the money I've put into both.

I find it difficult to understand why all of this stuff has happened within 6 months (X5) and 12 months (545i) of me taking ownership. :huh: