Sign in to follow this  
eeee36

My E36 Coupe Stolen Today from Downtown 'Secure' Carpark

Hi Guys, Gal's,

Today my enjoyed E36 Coupe was stolen from what is advertised as a Secure Carpark as stated in ad's by the Auckland City Council.

I called the Council and said how can this happen? They said, "someone just says they lost their ticket and pays the $75 for a lost ticket and drive out, Would you like to lay a complaint?"

Even though the perpertrator is likely on camera, they cannot look this up apparently as it would take going through the days footage....

So here I am paid for Secure Parking For What....

talk to your insurance company.

One of the first things I did.

I'm at a loss either way as scenario 1, the vehicle is recovered, damaged/undamaged would it be good to have it back not knowing how it had been treated...

Scenario 2 agreed value was around 2.2k (Purchase price) since then spent around 3k or more on maintenance paint repairs etc......

Can I ask which car park? Had mine hit and run in the city civic during the day.. Would require police report for the security footage to be recovered

After you've reported it stolen to the police make a request for video footage under the official information act. Being a council they have certain responsibilities to provide information. Cc your solicitor

Here's how

http://www.howtolaw.co/make-an-official-information-request-392288#

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

Crap - very frustrating. Often the camera quality is appalling too. Had a (push) bike stolen from my work carpark and the coverage was crap and the quality was atrocious.

The cameras are supposed to provide a deterrent but like most other security methods, they only deter those who aren't prepared.