Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

Panel filter

hey,

i have an e30 318is and i was wondering if a k&n would change the sound of my car just by replacing the filter in the airbox? yes or no?

slightly (if any) different intake noise at high rev, that's about it.

really? so it will open it up that much

Guest Andrew

really? so it will open it up that much

not quite - there is probably half a kW in it

k, ive heard they r about $100 ??. does repco sell them?

If you going to do an intake like that atleast put a heatshield on it. Don't want to be sucking in hot air. Probably lose hp. E30 have a good cold air setup stock so either keep that with a panel or use the example above but use a heatshield.

Guest Andrew

Or you could make an intake like this..

as petone said - that is completely useless

Or you could make an intake like this..

owned.

nice red bull

keep your AFM on a nice level plane. This is how it is designed to work.

the k&n will help take some dips out of your tourque curve. giving you a smoother curve.

probably beat andrew actually

in a masty over yourself contest maybe..

In an enclosure like this:

post-1-1154931943_thumb.jpg

were did you put the airflow meter unit im looking at doin the same thing on my e30 325i/s, cheaper to do it yourself,could u give me some more details on how to go about this eg. materials, suppliers, it would be much appreciated

Hi Just Reading Through This Tread & When I Put A Pod Filter On My 320i It Made A Big Diff

Before When I Didn’t Have A Pod, I Couldn’t Get My Car Ova 160km On the Highway Where I live

But Now I Have Poded It, I Can Get It Up & Over 180km So For Me YES It Made A Big Difference.

& Yes To, Would It Make A Difference In Noise Well It Maked My Car Sound Lower & Deeper Then Before

Umm & If You Want To Pod Your E30 The Cheap Way Then Have A Look On TM, Just Buy A Pod Filter Adapter & A Pod Filter & Slap It On Lol Oh You Have To Make Up A Bracket To, But That Took Me Like 10 Mins

Go away you tool - your retardedness annoys me.

1) Don't start every new word with a capital letter.

2) If I see you I'm going to slap you silly for driving like that on public roads. Oh BTW there are cops on this forum.

3) It wasn't the pod filter that made you gain 20km/h. It was probably a combination of less fuel on board, a tailwind, and maybe a turbonator? :D

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Guest Andrew

were did you put the airflow meter unit im looking at doin the same thing on my e30 325i/s, cheaper to do it yourself,could u give me some more details on how to go about this eg. materials, suppliers, it would be much appreciated

Well spotted - I don't have an airflow meter. Mine uses a MAP sensor with an aftermarket ECU.

But you could put the AFM in stock location (roughly where the blue PVC tube is).

It is a pod filter from Cardwells Racing. (B&M?) The bottom bit of the box is welded to the car - top bit screws on. Was made by herbert fabrication. No idea what it cost - (did none of it myself)

Go away you tool - your retardedness annoys me.

1) Don't start every new word with a capital letter you uneducated moron.

2) If I see you I'm going to slap you silly for driving like that on public roads. Oh BTW there are cops on this forum you f**ktard.

3) It wasn't the pod filter that made you gain 20km/h. It was probably a combination of less fuel on board, a tailwind, and your eyes going all fuzzy from the joint you smoked before posting that reply.

Wat Boy!!!! I Dnt Giv A Fck If Dez Copz On Dis Side Or Not, Ill Drag Any Tme I Want

Wat Are Da Pigz Gona Do, They Need 2 Catch Me Doing It B4 They Can Do N E Think About It

& No Ur Wrong I Jst Put The Factory Filter Back On & I Cant Get It 2 Go Ova 5000rpm In 4th Gear

& With Da Pod On I Can Get It 2 Red Line In 4th Gear So There!!!!!!!!

I Liv Rit Nxt 2 Da High Way & I C @ Least 10 Car Every Day Draging

Oh & 4 The Way I Rite, Ill Rit How Ever I Wana Rite Thank U

F**kTard Neva Herd Dat B4 Lol