Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

Panel filter

I put a "Simota" in mine as well, They have graphs showing theirs in a comparasin with the k&n and theirs is just ahead.Apart from the colour "blue" they are in all respects the same.and way less in cost.I just put in a panel one as there is no need to make up cooling boxes as with the pod fitting.If its not boxed you can negate the small proformance increase with the engine heat getting in.Bmw's take cold air in from the front in their standard system and you would have to make quite a few changes to fit the pod effectively for it to be that much better.But as usual talk is cheap until you put your car on the dyno with the both systems I doubt you would pick the differance just driving it.

Finally scanned this in, seem to be having trouble getting both pages on one reply so will try two replys and see what happens.

post-362-1158719439_thumb.jpg

Page 2

post-362-1158719726_thumb.jpg

Edited by speedyg

Just wondering if we should put these scans in as a sticky as there are fairly frequent discussions about pod filters vs panel filters etc.

woud sticky if i could.

i have just put a pod in mine and shielded it properly. definately an advantage over the panel. the main problem as i see it is that the panel is just too small...the one in my sis old primera is bigger!

i have just put a pod in mine and shielded it properly. definately an advantage over the panel. the main problem as i see it is that the panel is just too small...the one in my sis old primera is bigger!

ha try and tell that to the r3v clones

hah so true

don't really care...i proved the point to myself so im happy!