Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

Panel filter

Guest Andrew

Wat Boy!!!! I Dnt Giv A Fck If Dez Copz On Dis Side Or Not, Ill Drag Any Tme I Want

Wat Are Da Pigz Gona Do, They Need 2 Catch Me Doing It B4 They Can Do N E Think About It

& No Ur Wrong I Jst Put The Factory Filter Back On & I Cant Get It 2 Go Ova 5000rpm In 4th Gear

& With Da Pod On I Can Get It 2 Red Line In 4th Gear So There!!!!!!!!

I Liv Rit Nxt 2 Da High Way & I C @ Least 10 Car Every Day Draging

Oh & 4 The Way I Rite, Ill Rit How Ever I Wana Rite Thank U

F**kTard Neva Herd Dat B4 Lol

I didn't really read any of that (as I couldn't) -

But, grow up - this site is designed to be informative and helpful. I fail to see how your are doing either of those things.

If you want to brag about how you race on the street and go 180, then go somewhere else. This is an English/Maori language forum only - and we will only tolerate posts in those languages.

Consider this your first warning.

I didn't really read any of that (as I couldn't) -

But, grow up - this site is designed to be informative and helpful. I fail to see how your are doing either of those things.

If you want to brag about how you race on the street and go 180, then go somewhere else. This is an English/Maori language forum only - and we will only tolerate posts in those languages.

Consider this your first warning.

Hey I Wasnt The One That Started It

I Was Trying To Be Helpful But Then He Goes & Gets Smart

Oh & I Wasnt Braging, I Was Just Trying To Say That A Pod Filter For My Car Gave It More Power

Oh & I Wasnt Braging, I Was Just Trying To Say That A Pod Filter For My Car Gave It More Power

i agree with phat bema he started it he should be the one with the first warning [ each 2 there own i say] :angry:

I didn't really read any of that (as I couldnt)

Ka mate koe i te kai hikareti.

And brain damage :P

Guest Andrew

Fair enough.

But try chill out a little more next time.

Fair enough.

But try chill out a little more next time.

Yes I agree I was a bit over board but he made me so made lol

I dont even how why he did it well he could have told me but he didnt have to get smart

I was having a bad day. Retards all over the forum and you copped it. Tough. You're a big boy - you'll get over it. Think about what you say before you say it and everyone will all get along.

Thanks for losing the capital letters. I've edited my post to remove the insults. I'm still going to slap you silly for driving like that though - it's people who drive like that on public roads that pwn me and my family cruising along at the speed limit when you can't handle your sh*t and fail to take a corner.

My sister's mint (like almost as-new mint) Mk I eskie got written off day before yesterday (literally only a week or so after I spent countless hours working on it getting it up to scratch for her) all because a retard in a 4x4 wasn't paying attention and ran into the back of her at 80km/h+. On the upside the car behind him ran into him so he became meat in the sandwich. And the cherry on top? That car was being driven by an off-duty cop.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Yer but you didn’t have to take your bad day out on me

I still dont know what was wrong with what I said aye lol

& ill like to see you try slap me lol like you said im a big boy hahahahahahahahaha

Oh & what’s that guy got to do with me? Don’t tell me your problems

Ok that’s enough of scraping

This site isn’t for that!!

lol, if someone takes their bad day out on you, just say. Stop it I dont like it! If they do it again, tell your parents or ring the cops. Its just hte internet, dont take any of it to heart.

The above was a joke, lighten up if you are offended.

Edited by E30stz

Hi Just Reading Through This Tread & When I Put A Pod Filter On My 320i It Made A Big Diff

Before When I Didn’t Have A Pod, I Couldn’t Get My Car Ova 160km On the Highway Where I live

But Now I Have Poded It, I Can Get It Up & Over 180km So For Me YES It Made A Big Difference.

& Yes To, Would It Make A Difference In Noise Well It Maked My Car Sound Lower & Deeper Then Before

Umm & If You Want To Pod Your E30 The Cheap Way Then Have A Look On TM, Just Buy A Pod Filter Adapter & A Pod Filter & Slap It On Lol Oh You Have To Make Up A Bracket To, But That Took Me Like 10 Mins

I dont want to be seen picking on you at all, but i would have to see this extra 20kmh to belive it. Maybe your old filter was absolutly full of of dirt??

And to answer the orriginal Question, i have a k&n in my 325i and i havnt noticed a diffrence in sound at all. If you do want more intake sound youll have to open the intake system up. Andrews looks like its done right. But if your not botherd about loosing a little bit of power for a bit of noise just take the air box out and put a pod filter in place. Most people wouldnt like the idea of loosing power, but powers not about everything!! :)

I dont want to be seen picking on you at all, but i would have to see this extra 20kmh to belive it. Maybe your old filter was absolutly full of of dirt??

And to answer the orriginal Question, i have a k&n in my 325i and i havnt noticed a diffrence in sound at all. If you do want more intake sound youll have to open the intake system up. Andrews looks like its done right. But if your not botherd about loosing a little bit of power for a bit of noise just take the air box out and put a pod filter in place. Most people wouldnt like the idea of loosing power, but powers not about everything!! :)

lol all good umm yer there's not a big big diff in noise but there is a change well ive noticed it lol

& no the filter was fine when I changed it, but yer ive changed the filter on my car like 3-4 times & every time I put the pod on I can feel its got more pick up. With the factory one on its struggles in 4th gear to pick up speed but with the pod I can red line in 4th gear (on the same road & same day) I could probz even redline it in 5th if it was a bigger enough road lol ( :o am I aloud to say that hahahahaha Better cross it out) Umm but yer I could never do that without the pod

Yer you would have to see it to belive it, (I can take you for a ride if you want lol)

oh man this thread is f**ked, when people say "Dat" and "Da" in a sentence they enter my permaBan list real fast.

stay on topic now ladies.

put your cocks back in your pants, youve had each other beat them enough now.

That car was being driven by an off-duty cop.

GOD DAMN POLICE!!! thats two crashes in teh last two months that i know of where the cops have been in the wrong! :o

Sorry for the hijack, they just piss the sh!t outta me!

Edited by sakdbma

Lol so did anyone learn anything about panel filters?

hi guys. i got a bmc panel filter in my z4 and only i can tell is my muffler (not orginal) sounds go deeper. U won't feel any diff when u driving. No air sucking sound at low rev but little when high rev.

picked up the filter today and shoved it in, could notice a slight difference, but then that could be because my previous filter was filthy lol but yeh guess i got the outcome i expected slighty better acceleration and its just as quiet :)

If you have an e36 and are after more of the induction noise you can rip out the baffiling inside the air box. This is what i have done and it allows alot more air in and it is less restricted so it makes more noise. Hope this helps.

haha this thread is so funny ive spent the last couple of mins reading it.

I used to have a pod filter on my 320i and it sounded pretty cool , but i think its just your mind playing tricks on you if you think your car is now more powerful..

So i put a k&n I took off my parts bmw and put the original stuff back on, looks nicer anyway.. sounds deeper but only when your foot is flat and the engine is straining..

holla

Edited by nz320i

I have a old magazine article at home (Performance BMW) that has a test on a heap of panel filters and pod filters.

The test car is a E30 325i, they do a stock air filter to start with and put it on the dyno then go through each filter doing a dyno run after each change. Basically the best panel gives +2 bhp and the best pod gives +9 bhp. The k&n pod is the best as far as bhp and torque. I could scan this if anyone is keen.

BTW the best power they got was at the start when the bonnet was open! Shows the importance of a heat sheild.

I've got a K & N pod filter... with a heatshield from that guy over in the states.. is his name Lucas?? Can't remember. Nice cheap and does the trick. That reminds me, I need to clean my air filter!

i removed the baffle from my filter box today cos i was feelin curious of what it would be liike lol, and yea it has made quite a difference it seems to rev a bit faster in the lower rev range and hasn't really changed the sound at all :)

I have a old magazine article at home (Performance BMW) that has a test on a heap of panel filters and pod filters.

The test car is a E30 325i, they do a stock air filter to start with and put it on the dyno then go through each filter doing a dyno run after each change. Basically the best panel gives +2 bhp and the best pod gives +9 bhp. The k&n pod is the best as far as bhp and torque. I could scan this if anyone is keen.

SPEEDYG - I would be interested in seeing the article

BTW the best power they got was at the start when the bonnet was open! Shows the importance of a heat sheild.

id be keen to see that as well

scan it in

tane - would there be someway i could copy your heatshield? i like the lucas ones