Sign in to follow this  
dimsim

E46 LED Tail / Brake / Turn Signal Bulbs?

I was driving along the other day and my left rear tailight lense just flew off and broke. only discovered it half an hour later on my return in the middle of the road - mostly in tact but missing one corner... anyway it has the clear lense at the top and an amber coloured indciator bulb fitted. The amber colour seemed to be wearing off so i thought why not replace it with an amber LED? There seem to be a lot around as well some that claim to be CANBUS compatible so not going to trigger any warning lights because of the lower resistance.

so to my question.... has anyone retrofitted LED bulbs successfully to their Beamer in place of the standard 1156 / 1157 / BA15S / BA15D bulbs?

also might pay to check your tail light lense next time and make sure they are secure, the right hand one on mine is also a little loose and looks like it needs to be silconed in place.

Edited by dimsim

I replaced mine with led bulbs and they were dimmer than the stock bulbs so i swapped them back