Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

Brake pad reccommendations?

So I'm nearing the business end of my conversion and as braking is a huge part of the vehicle a.) to get it certified b.) to be safe to drive day to day.

So who's used what? Experiences? Am running e36 328i calipers all round was  initially going to go w hawk or ebc greens, but thought I would seek some info from people who have already set their cars up, 

thanks guys

I had hawk HP+ pads in my old type r and loved them. Just make sure you bmw oem or  decent branded rotors. I made the mistake of using cheap bnt rotors (can't remember who manufacturered them) and got major brake shudder after 3-4 laps round Pukekohe. Likely a defect in the steel. 

are you planning to use the car track only? or daily road duty as well as the odd track day?

Have tried race pads - even the mild ones - and don't like the "no brakes first thing in the morning" feeling. I went back to BMW OEM pads, still OK for track work, providing you're not doing more than 5 laps at a time and don't want to use ABS all the time. I learnt to brake less and conserve momentum. It's quicker!

My problem is I need a good setup to help me through the cert process once I have finished the v8 conversion

I use EBC greens, went through cert no problems. Machined rotors, fresh fluid and good brake hoses is a must.

• Like 1

Yeah I was considering ebc reds or stoptech street performance pads.

New rotors, stainless lines, motul racing fluid.