Sign in to follow this  
RedRocketTi

E36 Fitment

So I have a set of AC Schnitzer Type 1's.... they are 17x8.5 et13, so provide quite a "Stance Nation" look to my car. However there is no way that the 235/45/17 tires can fit under the guards without severe rubbing. The rears are close, howevrer there is no way that the fronts will fit at all. What kind of tire sizes will be easier to fit under the guards? I am planning on pumping them as much as possible to try fit the tires under the guards but still want the guards to kinda look stock. I was thinking maybe 215/40/17? or 225/45/17? 

Has anyone else got similar fitment rims on their E36 and if so what size tires are you guys all running?

Cheers!!!!

13413555_10153830908615787_898235456284920614_n.jpg

AcMags-1.jpg

Camber adjustment will help.

rolling the lips is also a good idea and easy to do.

I would not recommend stretching smaller tyres as it makes for crap handling. 235 and 245 are the recommended sizes for an 8.5inch wide rim.

I think you would be right with a 215/40. but if you dont want all the stretch you might fit a 225/45 but i would say your fronts are going to need to be 215/40 and theyre legal stretch according to lvvta

http://tyrestretch.com/results.php?RimWidth=8.5&TyreWidth=215&Aspect=40&TyreDia=17&TyreMan=

Don't got to a 215, way too small for anything useful, and in a 40 profile is like a rubberband.
A 235/40 is a good size for a 8.5" rim, and almost almost an inch less in OD than the 45's you have

As others have said previously (me incl), get some -ve camber in the front end for starters.
Either with camber plates, or shims for the knuckle (turner motorsport do a kit for this).
The shims are a quick'n'easy way to go, as with the et13 wheels you'll have acres of clearance to the strut.

Also look at grafting some E46 flared arches on there and run some meaty tyres, look almost factory on the E36's.
Refer to Vorshlag Motorsport for some 'how to'

• Like 1

FYI my fronts are 225's on an 8.5 rim and that's no problem. I can't help with your offset though.

If you pay a tyre place $25 bucks they'll do a few mounts for you so you can check out various sizes in person. That's always an option.

Had some ACS wheels in the exact same size on my E36 last year.

Ran 215/45 tyres, they barely fit under heavily rolled guards.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4287.JPG

Edited by Lucan
Added Pics

225 is considered the minimum for a 8.5 inch rim.

255 is considered the maximum.

• Like 1

You can actually fit a 215/40 or even a 195/40 to a 17x8.5 rim according to the lvvta lol

Edited by Lucan

12 minutes ago, Lucan said:

You can actually fit a 215/40 or even a 195/40 to a 17x8.5 rim according to the lvvta lol

Yes but its not recommended.