Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wacko

Bodykits

Guest Wacko

Hey peeps,

i'm interested in making bodykits, cold air boxes and other things out of fibreglass or carbonfibre i just need to know wat sort of an interest is out there, and wat sorta things are in demand, also i am looking for parts like front bumpers, rear bumpers, side skirts, front gaurds, Bobnnets, and Boot Lids, from any year BMW, hope to make a kit for Cage to show off so you guys know wat i can do :D

:ph34r:

im not sure about when but sometime ill be looking for something like this...the little splitter on the bottom....only thing is i dont have anything for u to make a mould out of...would have to be able to clip onto my existing bumper

post-11-1075888958.jpg

wen u say u do u mean me cani have your kit? hehe

here are some pics

MTECH 2

damn it..... I NEED THOSE WHEELS!!!

and if you can make a nice looking breyton replica i will be in!

nb; those are e36 look reiger side skirts on the silver one

post-11-1075949068.jpg

Edited by ///Dave

Guest Wacko

i could take a mould off cages front lip to make one like wats in the tech dram\wing gus, but he broke it on, and i dn't really want to break it off... i will see wat i can do in the way of making templates and stuff and taking measurements off his and making one.... am currently working on making a cold air box for cage, price set between 250 and 300, and tht vent in guss' picture would be real handy cage, can ya get one??

:ph34r:

Guest MSBOND

the beauty of finding a well liked kit, i wodnt let ne1 take a mold off it sorry, the less amount of them out there the better, makes my car more unique. ^_^

Guest Andrew

the beauty of finding a well liked kit, i wodnt let ne1 take a mold off it sorry, the less amount of them out there the better, makes my car more unique. ^_^

mtech2 and 1 are easy to get from aussie and england + canada. Very cheap 1000 - 2000 dollars.

Guest Spargo

I'd rather pay the premium for a genuine Motorsport / sport. sh*t, an 87 M325i can be had for 7.5K these days!

I'm with Sam on this. If I was looking at buying another E30, or was in the market now, I think I would be waiting until I found the right M325i (well, actually I would probably be looking for a good top condition E30 M3.)

However, after three two door cars in a row, when buying my E30, I looked for a 4 door one, I know that there are a lot of coupe fans here, but I got sick of them from a practical point of view.

Cheers

yea well im not too fussed about 2-door or 4-door but i would perfer a 4-door so i can jump in and go to the beach with friends and not have to get out and fold my seat fowerds so they can get out and then scuffing the bac of my seat etc wen they get in so yea i like both though

Guest Andrew

I'm with Sam on this. If I was looking at buying another E30, or was in the market now, I think I would be waiting until I found the right M325i (well, actually I would probably be looking for a good top condition E30 M3.)

However, after three two door cars in a row, when buying my E30, I looked for a 4 door one, I know that there are a lot of coupe fans here, but I got sick of them from a practical point of view.

Cheers

In terms of putting stuff in the car - i find the coupe much easier. I can easily fit my bike on the back seats by folding my two front seats forward.

Sleeping in the car is unfortunately the same for 4 and 2 door, bloody unconfortable.

find a wrecked e30 maybe at turners wrecked car auctions get dimensions and mounting points and shape from that, and then design your own kit relevant to an m-tech1 or 2 kit maybe using dimensions from them also.

Cheers

an M325 and a top condition M3? thats a fair wack of price difference. there was a e30 m3 forsale in the BMWCC magazine for 50 large. (okay so that was a 2.5 evo sport, one of 600 made...)

but still, an M325i maybe $15,000, at the most,

top condition M3, $30,000 at the least...

I appeal to all owners of m3, mtech 1 and mtech 2 kitted vehicles!

do not give in to the temptation

If you turn to the dark side and let your kit be moulded, they will be a dime a dozen.

Keep it real!

post-11-1079298551.jpg

Guest Spargo

If one has shelled out the benjamins for a real car, one does not cheapen it buy selling off moulds! I'm with m325 there.

CiLK WuRM thank you.

But would you look at thoses skirts! mmmm hmmm. so chunky, 1980s funk for your car! I like the facelift, but the old school skirts, god they are fat, and god i love my REAL m325i

hahahaha, suckers :lol: